google maps does not work?

starcat42

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
ok so it seems like im the only person who is having this problem.

Google maps is not working for me. everything else, other than skype works perfectly.

Wifi = off

Bluetooth = off.

using ONLY cellular, i say OK google, how do i get to X and it either says could not navigate, or open on phone instead of just giving me the directions on the watch.

20$ to the anyone who can solve it.

desolat68

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
ok so it seems like im the only person who is having this problem.

Google maps is not working for me. everything else, other than skype works perfectly.

Wifi = off

Bluetooth = off.

using ONLY cellular, i say OK google, how do i get to X and it either says could not navigate, or open on phone instead of just giving me the directions on the watch.

20$ to the anyone who can solve it.

I have the same issue. It's deeper than that too. Nothing at all that needs GPS will work when you are not bluetooth connected to the phone. As in any weather apps. They'll connect and get the weather, but for the town you were in yesterday, or an hour ago, or whatever. Nothing location based will work without the phone. Lame! I thought this thing was supposed to have a GPS???

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Wifi = Off
Bluetooth = Off

I ask google to take me to nearest restaurant and it gives me directions. This only works outside. If I am inside it gets stuck on finding location. My phone was turned off at this time.

Have you guys updated apps on the watch?

starcat42

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I updated google maps today, still nothing. so far this gps is simply non functional or broken.

it will show me where i am..but will not navigate me anywhere. so if my phone is dead and i need to find my way home i am SOL

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Since it finds your current location, I'm guessing it's not GPS. When you open the app on the watch do you get the "exclamation point" on the right that gives you "around here" data?

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Wow. That was an interesting read. I didn't realize that that watch was still communicating with my phone over LTE and getting the map turn by turn directions from there. I had left my phone in the office during testing. So as long as phone and watch have a data connections it will feed the watch directions wherever the watch is. It's definitely not a perfect setup, but kinda cool in a way.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
So as long as phone and watch have a data connections it will feed the watch directions wherever the watch is.
Then GPS isn't standalone, it requires being remotely connected to a phone.

Does the watch have any other supposedly standalone functions that need remote connection in order to work?