Input please....considering this watch but......

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
The creator of the video was extremely rude to me for disagreeing with him. Total jerk.

Yeah I noticed that!! Wow!! Very pompous and arrogant. I guess that is what happens when you hit 40K subs. Once again someone that talks about battery life without mentioning details of use and only speaks in general terms. I will note that he had LTE on along with "Always on Display". The two largest drains on battery and expected more out of it. A little unrealistic in his expectations.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I will note that he had LTE on along with "Always on Display". The two largest drains on battery and expected more out of it. A little unrealistic in his expectations.

I don't think he has unrealistic expectations. Everyone except smartwatch geeks would consider it ludicrous that a watch doesn't always display the time. The forgiveness of early adopters aside, that is an essential function.

There's a sizable subset of watch users for whom LTE important. The number of occasions where this is useful is underestimated, but will be increasingly realized as services like Digits and NumberSync gain popularity.

The LG Sport doesn't exist in a vacuum, there are other watches with similar capabilities that it can be compared to. Starting with the Urbane 2 and Gear S3. I don't know if the former has better battery life, but the latter is definitely capable of 18 hours with AOD and LTE on.

The Huawei Watch 2 with LTE will be available in a few weeks. There will be a plethora of new AW watches released this year. Apple Watch 3 will likely have LTE capability. In 2017, smartwatches will be able to last all day with these two functions enabled. Or they will fail.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have an s3...battery life and design are great. Interface and use is HORRIBLE! LG Watch Sport is much better...And if you don't use LTE all the time it lasts just as long.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the great discussion and perspectives. I wish I could start adding my experience with my use case but it seems like the Play Store is out of stock. I want the Blue version.

Also on Tmo and going to use Digits.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
There's something wrong. By the end of the day I still have 50% left. That's of charger at 9am and done at 11pm.

I concur. My first full day with it yesterday and at 14 hours, I was at 48%. LTE was off and, screen always on was off. Received and replied to several texts and notifications. Also downloaded all of those apps to the watch that are already on the phone (~8). Used it at the gym for changing music selections (while connected to phone). Unless you need LTE connection all the time and want to leave your phone behind, this watch will easily last a full day and then some. I have my phone with me all the time and I'm going to use LTE in emergency situations like of I lose my phone or it dies. This would be a great backup. Other than that, really no need to leave LTE on constantly if connected to phone.

phxXD

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
LTE does use a lot of battery especially if you live in, or are going to use the watch in a weak signal area. I did a test where I used ONLY LTE on the watch and was barely able to get 12 hours, but I don't live in a strong signal area. Most of the time I do have my phone with me so I leave it off, but if I don't want to take my phone with me somewhere then I fire it up. It is actually more useful than I first would have thought, but in no way can this replace your phone as a primary device. I don't think it was ever intended to be able to be a primary device.

If used as it is intended for, you will get good battery life out of it. At least I do.

12 hours - good to know. Was thinking of getting this and only having LTE on and turn off most other radios. This was the deciding factor I needed.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
12 hours - good to know. Was thinking of getting this and only having LTE on and turn off most other radios. This was the deciding factor I needed.

I did another test just using LTE last weekend and now I am seeing an improvement. I used it a bit more the second time and would have gotten 18hours, assuming my usage didn't increase. I have noticed an improvement since the beginning of March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze