How to disable cellular data but still receive and make calls ?

mehdid86

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody
How can i turn cellular data off (No lte,edge , etc...) but still able to make calls and send or receive text messages ? Because i think this is the data connections that drains the battery of lg watch sport,so i want to take it off to have a longer battery life

mehdid86

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Pull the notification bar down, it should be there as Mobile Data. If not there, go to Settings.

in notification bar i have airplane mode, volume,brightness,do not disturb and settings.
in settings->connectivity->cellular , i have the option to turn cellular on and off , but when i turn it off i can't make calls or send and receive text msg from the watch

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody
How can i turn cellular data off (No lte,edge , etc...) but still able to make calls and send or receive text messages ? Because i think this is the data connections that drains the battery of lg watch sport,so i want to take it off to have a longer battery life
I've ran into this same issue. Turns out if you have NumberSync on, the watch doesn't use the typical Bluetooth connection like a regular Android Wear watch, even when data is turned off.

mehdid86

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I've ran into this same issue. Turns out if you have NumberSync on, the watch doesn't use the typical Bluetooth connection like a regular Android Wear watch, even when data is turned off.

My watch is connected to iphone 6s and i can't find NumberSync , would you please tell me where it is ?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having same issue here. any resolve?
From what I can tell, the resolution is all or nothing. Either use cellular 100% of the time, or disable cellular and do not set up any numbersync. From my experience, as soon as numbersync is set up, it will not allow the watch to receive text notifications regularly from phone, must come through the sim card.
Again, these are just my experiences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante