LG Watch Sport worth under $200?

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking at getting into Android Wear. Seeing some LG Sports from around $150-$200. Worth it? Or should I get something more recent (though it's only a year old)?

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It depends one what you want the watch to do. If you don't care about the fact that you cannot dress it up by changing bands or aren't put off by the size, it is a great watch. Plus since it's the Google watch for right now, it's going to get all software (OS) updates first.

At those prices, it's a great buy. I wish I had one - there are certain hardware features it has over my Huawei's I like - wireless charging, bigger screen, first in line OS updates, digital crown.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
It depends one what you want the watch to do. If you don't care about the fact that you cannot dress it up by changing bands or aren't put off by the size, it is a great watch. Plus since it's the Google watch for right now, it's going to get all software (OS) updates first.

At those prices, it's a great buy. I wish I had one - there are certain hardware features it has over my Huawei's I like - wireless charging, bigger screen, first in line OS updates, digital crown.
Yes... I'm so on the fence. My other option is the new ticwatch. I like the minimalism and weight of that device but want a more premium feel. Android Pay would be nice too. That's the big decision right there.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes... I'm so on the fence. My other option is the new ticwatch. I like the minimalism and weight of that device but want a more premium feel. Android Pay would be nice too. That's the big decision right there.
I debated a long time between the Huawei watch 2 and the LG Sport. I picked the watch 2 because I liked the design a bit better and the removable straps were important to me, since I had nice ones to recycle from my Moto 360 42mm. I didn't like the look of the new watch 2 classic.

Truthfully, at the $150 price point the Watch Sport is the better buy than the Tic watch. I'd say if you can, try on a Watch Sport to see how you like it and go from there. If you plan to use Android pay a lot, then it's a no brainer.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I debated a long time between the Huawei watch 2 and the LG Sport. I picked the watch 2 because I liked the design a bit better and the removable straps were important to me, since I had nice ones to recycle from my Moto 360 42mm. I didn't like the look of the new watch 2 classic.

Truthfully, at the $150 price point the Watch Sport is the better buy than the Tic watch. I'd say if you can, try on a Watch Sport to see how you like it and go from there. If you plan to use Android pay a lot, then it's a no brainer.
Thanks. I'm gonna pull the trigger. Always wanted a smart watch .

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Great. Let us know how it goes. Sometimes I'm tempted to get one myself, but I've got too many wear watches as is.
What else you got? Just curious. I went to Best Buy and looked at some Android Wear stuff this evening. It honestly looks like a really nice platform.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
What else you got? Just curious. I went to Best Buy and looked at some Android Wear stuff this evening. It honestly looks like a really nice platform.
I've used the platform from the early days. I current have:
- Huawei watch on 2.0
- Huawei watch 2 on 2.0
- Moto 360 42mm (2015) on 1.5

The last two share standard 20mm bands, the first uses standard 18mm.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I love my watch, wear it everyday. I also got it for Christmas, so free makes it even better. I will say that the band for frustrate me at times. My wrist size is perfectly in between two of the notches. So, constantly shifting between the two during the day depending on what I'm doing.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
It came yesterday evening. I've got it set up mostly and will drive it today.

My first impressions are...OK. I love how the big screen. It's very fast and responsive. But its size and battery life i can already see being an issue. I'm not feeling how clunky it is either. All things i knew going in but because I didn't have one to see first I just took the leap.

I'll drive it today and give you an update.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It came yesterday evening. I've got it set up mostly and will drive it today.

My first impressions are...OK. I love how the big screen. It's very fast and responsive. But its size and battery life i can already see being an issue. I'm not feeling how clunky it is either. All things i knew going in but because I didn't have one to see first I just took the leap.

I'll drive it today and give you an update.
Keep us posted. I actually get good battery life from my Huawei watch 2, mostly because I use it as a watch and to glance for notifications and to track steps and heart rate.

Qualcomm screwed us by putting in a chip that's not battery efficient, so the more you use it is the crappier the battery gets. What I'm most curious about is how you feel about the fit on your wrist.

Last edited:

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same reservations about this watch. Please let us know after you use it for a bit. Thanks.

It depends on what you use the watch for. I use mine for notifications, steps, and workout tracking.

With this usage, I get 2 days of battery life out of my sport. Which is perfect for me since I get 2 days of battery life with my pixel 2XL

boordman29

Feb 11, 2018
Visit site
With any of the android watches can you wake the google assistant when the screen is off? Need something to fill the void until the Oreo update comes to my s8...

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Keep us posted. I actually get good battery life from my Huawei watch 2, mostly because I use it as a watch and to glance for notifications and to track steps and heart rate.

Qualcomm screwed us by putting in a chip that's not battery efficient, so the more you use it is the crappier the battery gets. What I'm most curious about is how you feel about the fit on your wrist.
You know that feeling when you get a new device and you love it immediately? That's not what I'm feeling here. Lol

I love the in tech in this thing like NFC for Android Pay and the build quality is great too. Screen is awesome and my device is flawless. But I'm just finding it a bit to big and heavy for me.

Sadly, I put it up for sale already here in AC. Maybe I'll change my mind and give it another go but I dunno. It's probably just fine for anybody else. I really want to love this thing.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
You know that feeling when you get a new device and you love it immediately? That's not what I'm feeling here. Lol

I love the in tech in this thing like NFC for Android Pay and the build quality is great too. Screen is awesome and my device is flawless. But I'm just finding it a bit to big and heavy for me.

Sadly, I put it up for sale already here in AC. Maybe I'll change my mind and give it another go but I dunno. It's probably just fine for anybody else. I really want to love this thing.
I see. So what were you looking for in a watch?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance