Shipping and order tracking

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What color did you all order? When and when?

I ordered the titanium color from best buy on release day. Expected to arrive before Feb 15 according to best buy. Hasn't shipped still.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What color did you all order? When and when?

I ordered the titanium color from best buy on release day. Expected to arrive before Feb 15 according to best buy. Hasn't shipped still.

That's the one I'm thinking about ordering. I ordered a Sport, but I think it'll be too big for me. And I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I wanted Android Pay. If it's too big, I'm going with the Style in titanium. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's the one I'm thinking about ordering. I ordered a Sport, but I think it'll be too big for me. And I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I wanted Android Pay. If it's too big, I'm going with the Style in titanium. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Yeah I was myself undecided between the style and sport. Had ordered the sport thru Google store but changed my mind and cancelled. Later again changed my mind and wanted to order the sport but it was out of stock. So it worked out well I guess

Should receive my style this Wednesday so will see how it goes.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was myself undecided between the style and sport. Had ordered the sport thru Google store but changed my mind and cancelled. Later again changed my mind and wanted to order the sport but it was out of stock. So it worked out well I guess

Should receive my style this Wednesday so will see how it goes.

I'm curious as to what kinds of watch bands will work and look good with it, too. The Mode bands are so expensive, and there are a billion bands on Amazon that look pretty good, so I'd definitely like to hear more from people who actually have this watch as to what works and what doesn't.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious as to what kinds of watch bands will work and look good with it, too. The Mode bands are so expensive, and there are a billion bands on Amazon that look pretty good, so I'd definitely like to hear more from people who actually have this watch as to what works and what doesn't.
Yeah the Mode bands are expensive for what they are and how they look. Personally I'm just going to use the one it came with. I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep this watch anyway especially with lots of AW 2 watches releasing in the coming months. Want to keep my investment on this as low as possible.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the Mode bands are expensive for what they are and how they look. Personally I'm just going to use the one it came with. I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep this watch anyway especially with lots of AW 2 watches releasing in the coming months. Want to keep my investment on this as low as possible.

I completely understand that. I'm definitely interested in the next Huawei watch. But I'm looking at some of the $10 silicone bands or the $15 link bands. Just something to spice it up. But don't know what would work.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand that. I'm definitely interested in the next Huawei watch. But I'm looking at some of the $10 silicone bands or the $15 link bands. Just something to spice it up. But don't know what would work.
Yeah I'm guessing any 18 mm band should work. I'm sure there will few folks trying those.

But looking at this forum looks like not many people have bought this watch.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah got it. Android wear 2 is definitely a great improvement. Mostly using it for notifications which is great. Watch itself is very light and can't even feel it's on my wrist. So in that way this is a major improvement from other Android wear watches I have used.

Overall great but more like a nice to have thing than must have. Here are some pics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5dXhW

Have you got it yet? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah got it. Android wear 2 is definitely a great improvement. Mostly using it for notifications which is great. Watch itself is very light and can't even feel it's on my wrist. So in that way this is a major improvement from other Android wear watches I have used.

Overall great but more like a nice to have thing than must have. Here are some pics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5dXhW

What do you think about it compared to the Apple Watch?

I'm torn between staying with Apple or going back to Android. And watches actually make up a decent part of my decision.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What do you think about it compared to the Apple Watch?

I'm torn between staying with Apple or going back to Android. And watches actually make up a decent part of my decision.
If you want waterproofing and fitness tracking Apple watch series 2 is better. I miss them over the past few days. For notifications I like Android wear better and easier navigation within the watch. Also Apple watch has Apple pay where as the style doesn't have Android pay. If I have to choose one I would go with Apple watch.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you want waterproofing and fitness tracking Apple watch series 2 is better. I miss them over the past few days. For notifications I like Android wear better and easier navigation within the watch. Also Apple watch has Apple pay where as the style doesn't have Android pay. If I have to choose one I would go with Apple watch.

I really want something for notifications and that looks good. That's honestly it. The other things are just a bonus. I wish I could see one of these things in person. I tried the Watch Sport and it just didn't fit me right. It was too big for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I really want something for notifications and that looks good. That's honestly it. The other things are just a bonus. I wish I could see one of these things in person. I tried the Watch Sport and it just didn't fit me right. It was too big for me.
Yeah if you want just for notifications I think the Style is a great option with Android wear 2. Small, comfortable to wear and great for notifications.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you want just for notifications I think the Style is a great option with Android wear 2. Small, comfortable to wear and great for notifications.

Thanks. I may have to give it a shot. I'm trying to save money by going with Android until fall while we try to buy a house. This may work well for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
One issue is battery life doesn't last full day even with light to moderate use. Still early days need to see if it settles down.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Turned off tilt to wake gesture today and had been better. Took off charger at 8 am and at 60℅ at 4.30 PM (light use). I think the tilt to wake was keeping the screen on pretty much always even with tiny movements of the wrist.

Basically, have either always on display or tilt to wake gesture not both. That should help get thru the day on light to medium usage. I'll see how this setting works for me for the next few days. I saw on android wear subreddit multiple people complaining about battery on both style and sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2