WearOS watch battery lasts less than 20 minutes?!?!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My LG Style smartwatch worked fine yesterday, but was frozen when I took it off of the charger this morning. After resetting and setting up the phone again, the battery is now lasting less than 20 minutes!

What could be causing it to drain so quickly? I’m still testing, but this can’t be normal. As I said, it was fine yesterday!

Also: I know the LG Style is notorious for bad battery life, but come on! 15 minutes until dead!? Something is WRONG, but what?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have a Style lying around somewhere, and I notice that when I power it up after a long hiatus and it starts updating apps, the battery drops like a rock. Was yours updating apps?

I moved this to the LG Watch Style forum for more specific traffic.

jwade

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Style lying around somewhere, and I notice that when I power it up after a long hiatus and it starts updating apps, the battery drops like a rock. Was yours updating apps?

Yes! I had just reset it, and I hadn’t yet gotten much reinstalled.

I’m still testing, but it seems to be doing much better after the updates and apps have been installed. Next time I have to reset it, I’ll remember to leave it on the charging puck while it installs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's what I had to do the last time I fired it up. It got pretty darned warm with all of the updating activity and the charging, which can't be good.:-\