User Manual Available from LG

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, there is what I assume (hope?) is a typo in there, on p38 it says "Your watch can only get a notification. Use the phone paired to your watch to answer the call." Then later it talks about making and answering calls. I would have assumed, like the Samsung Gear series, that you could swipe to answer a call using the watch as a bluetooth speaker/mic paired with the phone (even without NumberSync). Huge dealbreaker if it doesn't actually work that way.

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, there is what I assume (hope?) is a typo in there, on p38 it says "Your watch can only get a notification. Use the phone paired to your watch to answer the call." Then later it talks about making and answering calls. I would have assumed, like the Samsung Gear series, that you could swipe to answer a call using the watch as a bluetooth speaker/mic paired with the phone (even without NumberSync). Huge dealbreaker if it doesn't actually work that way.

Pretty sure that feature is not available yet. Verizon says it will be available after an update to messages+. Not sure about att. The capability is there. Carriers just need to find a creative way to integrate the same number as your phone. Verizon has opted to used messages+. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via the Android Central App

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure that feature is not available yet. Verizon says it will be available after an update to messages+. Not sure about att. The capability is there. Carriers just need to find a creative way to integrate the same number as your phone. Verizon has opted to used messages+. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was actually talking about the ability (or not) to use the watch as a bluetooth speaker/mic with the phone, which doesn't require messages+ or numbersync. Verizon says (on the preorder page) that Bluetooth is the only way to make calls with the watch and the PDF manual says you can't do it at all.

The manual also says you can't use a mono headset with the watch (have to use the speaker or a stereo headset), but the Verizon page says the watch supports HFP (headset/handsfree). I wonder if these are really differences between the versions, or if this is just confusion because Android Wear hasn't supported speakers or phone capabilities before.