Got my watch yesterday. So far so good. Still learning my way through Android Wear. Noticed one problem, the Fit app on the watch stuck on a updating screen forever. Fit app on my phone works fine and the watch can report steps and heart rate on the watch just fine using OK Google commands. Just can't open the app

Reset the watch once and it still the same. I'm using a Nexus 5 (original) running Android M.

Any one encounters the same problem?
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-15-2015 08:49 AM
    Do you prefer this over the Gear S? In terms of the standalone feature of making/receiving calls, texts, and emails, how is it different from the Gear S?
    11-15-2015 10:44 AM
    Got my watch yesterday. So far so good. Still learning my way through Android Wear. Noticed one problem, the Fit app on the watch stuck on a updating screen forever. Fit app on my phone works fine and the watch can report steps and heart rate on the watch just fine using OK Google commands. Just can't open the app

Reset the watch once and it still the same. I'm using a Nexus 5 (original) running Android M.

Any one encounters the same problem?
    I have a Nexus 5, too, and not having your problem. I'm not even familiar with an updating screen in the Fit watch app. I also have a Gear Live, and never saw this problem on that watch either.

I am concerned, though, about Fit counting steps on the U2LTE, compared to my Gear Live. It is counting roughly half the steps as my Live, and also the LG watch face. Wonder if Android Wear 1.4 update has messed with the step counter in Fit...
    11-15-2015 10:51 AM
    I don't have much chance to test stand alone features yet. I know, from the settings, that you have to manually enable/disable call forwarding. There isn't an option to auto enable call forwarding when you disconnected from the watch (but I have not test it yet). The watch cell radio also stays on all the time when in auto mode (the only other option is off). So calls and SMS to the watch number will be picked up by the watch. Not sure what is the impact of battery life if I turn it off when BT is connected.

There is no browser. Nor any keyboard for input out of box. I read there is a 3rd party keyboard app. All you can do is via Google Now voice recognition to reply.

On the other hand, the app integration is much better than I thought. It is not just an notification catcher like Gear S is. A lot of apps automatically have its watch app that is much more feature rich. And notifications can be dismissed from either watch or phone, unlike Gear S.

Still learning how AW works.
    Sammuel1973 and xendula like this.
    11-15-2015 10:56 AM
    I have a Nexus 5, too, and not having your problem. I'm not even familiar with an updating screen in the Fit watch app. I also have a Gear Live, and never saw this problem on that watch either.

I am concerned, though, about Fit counting steps on the U2LTE, compared to my Gear Live. It is counting roughly half the steps as my Live, and also the LG watch face. Wonder if Android Wear 1.4 update has messed with the step counter in Fit...
    Google Fit app problem-screen.png

This is my Fit app screen.

It also looks like none of the data is imported into the Fit app on phone. Cleared cache and data on Fit app on phone and same results. Probably a bug in the app somewhere. Everything else works.

As far as counting steps goes, it is on par with my Gear S.
    11-15-2015 11:06 AM
    Well, it looks like 3rd time is a success. I unpaired watch and it auto-reset again. Now, the Fit works.
    11-15-2015 11:45 AM
    Well, it looks like 3rd time is a success. I unpaired watch and it auto-reset again. Now, the Fit works.
    good deal. Thanks for the photo. I've never seen that.

Also I realized this morning that I have both the my Gear Live and my U2LTE on the same gmail/Google account and the two watches may be conflicting/overwriting each other. Google needs to address that, but I guess maybe most people don't have two or more AW wearables.
    11-15-2015 12:22 PM