I'm considering purchasing this device tomorrow, however I know NumberSYNC is not enabled as of yet, so what's the workflow behind text message notifications and plies from my PHONE'S number when: A. The phone is turned off B. The phone is 1000 miles away
    Thanks
    I just want to be sure that I can receive and respond to text message without issue and without revealing my WATCH'S number.
    11-19-2015 01:21 PM
    If your phone is off, you get no text messages from your phone's number. That's simple. When remotely connected via cell radio, it really doesn't matter how far away your phone is. The text messages are forwarded through cloud, e.g. internet and some cloud server, from your phone to your watch. No one ever mentioned who hosts cloud server for forwarding all the messages. My guess it is Google. In that case, it won't work in places like China where ALL Google related traffic are completely blocked.

For phone calls, you need to manually enable call forwarding with your phone still on. Once enabled, you can turn your phone off and your carrier should be able to forward all calls to your watch's number. Don't forget to turn the forwarding off when you no longer need it. Really hope there is an auto option.
    11-19-2015 01:25 PM
    Quick questions; why do you say to turn off call forwarding when you don't need it? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I would want the call forwarding on all the time in the off chance I leave my phone at home, forget to charge it, lose it, whatever...
    11-19-2015 01:31 PM
    If your phone is off, you get no text messages from your phone's number. That's simple. When remotely connected via cell radio, it really doesn't matter how far away your phone is. The text messages are forwarded through cloud, e.g. internet and some cloud server, from your phone to your watch. No one ever mentioned who hosts cloud server for forwarding all the messages. My guess it is Google. In that case, it won't work in places like China where ALL Google related traffic are completely blocked.

For phone calls, you need to manually enable call forwarding with your phone still on. Once enabled, you can turn your phone off and your carrier should be able to forward all calls to your watch's number. Don't forget to turn the forwarding off when you no longer need it. Really hope there is an auto option.
    Thanks, I very much appreciate your response.
    One thing i'm confused on, are the text messages SYNCED with your phone? And are they using a particular default SMS application? I just want to be sure that when I respond to the message on my watch, that the receiver sees my phone's number, also the history of messages are saved on my phone also.

To digress somewhat, how user friendly is AT&T's online SMS site?
    I plan on keeping my phone at home due to government regulations and respond to messages via the watch or AT&T account website.

Thanks.
    11-19-2015 01:40 PM
    Quick questions; why do you say to turn off call forwarding when you don't need it? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I would want the call forwarding on all the time in the off chance I leave my phone at home, forget to charge it, lose it, whatever...
    Because call forwarding will replace your voice mail. And it will end up going to your watch's voice mail instead of phone's. Also, I like to turn off the cell radio on the watch when I'm near my phone to save battery of the watch.
    11-19-2015 01:52 PM
    Thanks, I very much appreciate your response.
    One thing i'm confused on, are the text messages SYNCED with your phone? And are they using a particular default SMS application? I just want to be sure that when I respond to the message on my watch, that the receiver sees my phone's number, also the history of messages are saved on my phone also.
    I use the default Google Messenger app which has a watch app. On the watch, you can switch between phone messages or watch messages profiles. They are synced up well from what I can tell. However, you should know that AW doesn't have keyboards. Replies need to be either precanned messages or through Google Now voice recognition.
    11-19-2015 01:55 PM
    I use the default Google Messenger app which has a watch app. On the watch, you can switch between phone messages or watch messages profiles. They are synced up well from what I can tell. However, you should know that AW doesn't have keyboards. Replies need to be either precanned messages or through Google Now voice recognition.
    Ok, great feedback once again, thanks a mill.
    11-19-2015 02:09 PM
    Because call forwarding will replace your voice mail. And it will end up going to your watch's voice mail instead of phone's. Also, I like to turn off the cell radio on the watch when I'm near my phone to save battery of the watch.
    Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying...
    11-19-2015 03:25 PM
    I went running in the park today with just my Urbane, left my phone in my car. Loaded it with music, connected my Bluetooth headphones, and headed out. It was awesome. I forwarded my calls to my watch, which worked great. I could make and receive calls from my phone's number. I also was able to receive and send my phone texts through the Messenger app on my Urbane, which also worked great. Except, I never got notifications on my watch when a text arrived, like I do when connected via Bluetooth. I've tried everything, to no avail. Anyone else experienced this?
    11-19-2015 06:01 PM
    I went running in the park today with just my Urbane, left my phone in my car. Loaded it with music, connected my Bluetooth headphones, and headed out. It was awesome. I forwarded my calls to my watch, which worked great. I could make and receive calls from my phone's number. I also was able to receive and send my phone texts through the Messenger app on my Urbane, which also worked great. Except, I never got notifications on my watch when a text arrived, like I do when connected via Bluetooth. I've tried everything, to no avail. Anyone else experienced this?
    Um... nvm, didn't see this coming. This is my first Android watch, and I was so excited to get it. Ugh. I'm tempted to keep it, but it would stink to have it break in a few months with no support and I'm stuck paying $15/mo + $10/mo data to AT&T. Ugh
    11-20-2015 02:57 PM
    Um... nvm, didn't see this coming. This is my first Android watch, and I was so excited to get it. Ugh. I'm tempted to keep it, but it would stink to have it break in a few months with no support and I'm stuck paying $15/mo + $10/mo data to AT&T. Ugh
    Yep, This is not what we expected. T feel same way you do.
    11-20-2015 03:32 PM