Urbane 2nd Edition LTE watch CANCELLED!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Watch release cancelled

I just read it too. I guess makes sense with all the issues. For those who have the watch, will you return it for a refund?

JAWS40

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
They say it's a hardware issue, so looks like I'm going to return. If it was a hardware issue, I would hold out for an update.

Posted via the Android Central App

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
What!? That's crazy! Are they going to fix the issue and the put out a new (dare I say the 3rd Edition) one with the problem fixed? I have to say that I'm very happy with mine. Might be my favorite smartwatch so far and its my fourth one, including the newest version of the Moto 360.

This is very surprising and really disappointing... I wonder if I should ride out my return policy to see if anything changes in the next few days?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Good grief. Just got mine today and had just went through the setup. Haven't had it on for 10 minutes when this came out????

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm actually really happy with mine. I haven't had any issues at all. I think I'm going to ride out the return policy and see what LG says in the next week or so...

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I will put it back in the box and wait a couple of days to see if anything else said about it. Working great right now

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the size of the watch and ain't crazy about the Gear s2. So if I don't keep it I guess I will go back to my regular watches. I have Moto 360 but not real crazy about it.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I will put it back in the box and wait a couple of days to see if anything else said about it. Working great right now
Hell, try it out,it's just really nice watch. You could probably run it over with a truck, and still return it, given this news.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the size of the watch and ain't crazy about the Gear s2. So if I don't keep it I guess I will go back to my regular watches. I have Moto 360 but not real crazy about it.
I have had the S2 for 6 weeks, also and really like it. It seemed like the right size for me, but I thought I wouldn't mind a bigger screen, but didn't want a huge watch. Now that I've had the U2LTE for a week, it has the perfect sized screen, and the S2 screen seems small. It is probably a bit bigger overall than I'd like, but the screen is perfect size. But the S2 has automatic brightness and the better UI. But the U2LTE has Google Now. But the S2 has that awesome bezel. But I keep trying to turn the bezel on the U2LTE. Augh!

Rufio

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
What the heck! Are they going to say what's wrong? Like what type of hardware issue? I got mine the first day. Are we suppose to get some kind of recall notice?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm actually really happy with mine. I haven't had any issues at all. I think I'm going to ride out the return policy and see what LG says in the next week or so...

I totally understand. I am on the market for this watch or the Samsung Gear S2, so I am kind of bummed cuz I am leaning toward this one.

Rufio

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

For those that have already purchased, we need more info! I'm pretty happy with mine as well. Had it since day 1. But I need more info to determine if should return it. Is the battery gonna leak? Will my watch self destruct? Will it just die? Will it crawl into my bed at night and snap my Wiener off? We need more info! Or is the issue something like that you can't call through a blue tooth headset. Because if its an issue like the latter then I can deal with that.

DebonaireG

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

For those that have already purchased, we need more info! I'm pretty happy with mine as well. Had it since day 1. But I need more info to determine if should return it. Is the battery gonna leak? Will my watch self destruct? Will it just die? Will it crawl into my bed at night and snap my Wiener off? We need more info! Or is the issue something like that you can't call through a blue tooth headset. Because if its an issue like the latter then I can deal with that.

Good luck getting any software updates bruh.

carnevoodoo

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I think the software update issue makes it a no-go. But now I want a watch like this, and returning the one I have already seems so sad. Nothing that is out or announced seemed as good to me.

Rufio

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Yeah you're right on the software updates. Just pissed because I transfered from Verizon to ATT just for this. I'm on a month to month contract with my Nexus. Looks like Gear S2 is on my shopping list.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Well i took mine back just 15 minutes ago, bummer that it got out of factory with this type of issue. S2 is a no go for me since i have a nexus and the reviews for the gear manager app thats needed from the play store all say that it is not great at all for phones that are not samsung branded. With a lot of bluetooth and connection issues.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Well i took mine back just 15 minutes ago, bummer that it got out of factory with this type of issue. S2 is a no go for me since i have a nexus and the reviews for the gear manager app thats needed from the play store all say that it is not great at all for phones that are not samsung branded. With a lot of bluetooth and connection issues.
Funny thing is that my S2 Bluetooth is rock solid, and my U2LTE not so much. Wonder if that could be the problem that forced the cancellation? Oh, and I have a Nexus 5, and although there are some issues with not having a Samsung phone, they aren't deal breakers for me. Weather has to be manually tapped to update, rather than automatically updating. You don't have the email or text app, but replying to text or email notifications works well. And you can start a fresh text from your contacts list. And you don't get an option to answer a call from the watch, only reject, which isn't probably a big deal since the watch doesn't have a speaker. And probably most of what I've said doesn't apply if you're talking about the 3g version, as I only have the Bluetooth version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781