Hey guys I'm going to be using my urbane with my iPhone. My plan was to take my sim out of my phone and put it in the watch so I could leave my phone beside if I go out. If I was to get a cheap android phone could I leave it at home on wifi so I could use hey Google? Or does the phone need a SIM card as well?
    11-25-2015 07:35 PM
    It should work.
    11-25-2015 08:27 PM
    Using a phone on wifi doesn't require a SIM card. (If it did, laptops and desktops would require one too - wifi is wifi, it doesn't care about the device connecting to the router.)
    11-25-2015 11:55 PM
    Hey guys I'm going to be using my urbane with my iPhone. My plan was to take my sim out of my phone and put it in the watch so I could leave my phone beside if I go out. If I was to get a cheap android phone could I leave it at home on wifi so I could use hey Google? Or does the phone need a SIM card as well?
    That's such a smart idea! Walmart sells an Android phone for $10 now. Not sure if it supports AW Marshmallow, but if it did, it may be an idea.
    11-26-2015 06:25 AM
    I'm not sure why, but I cannot get any notifications, weather or Google Now to work over wifi. My nexus 5 is on Marshmallow, and neither my U2LTE, nor my old Gear Live work on wifi. Wifi connects to both watches when I turn off Bluetooth, or go out of BT range, but nothing works. I know it used to work on my Gear Live, but don't really going out of BT range much, so don't know when this stopper working.

Just pointing this out to folks. Anyone on Marshmallow phone able to get and use notifications and Google Now on wifi?
    11-26-2015 08:31 AM
    I think OP is meant to put phone on wifi and watch on 3G. I see no reason to ever turn on watch's wifi unless you have very small data bucket.
    11-26-2015 12:40 PM
    I think I understand and like this idea adamdadam. Just to confirm, you are planning on taking the iPhone's sim out, put it into a cheap Android phone, connect that Android phone to your home wifi and then connect the watch to the Android phone and then leave it at home? thus, leaving your current iPhone to be a wifi only device, yes? Did I get that correct?
    11-27-2015 09:54 AM
    No, he clearly stated put the sim in the watch so that he can make and receive calls from the watch. Meanwhile, his Android phone will forward emails, Google Now and other notifications using WiFi only at home. This way, he doesn't have to pay for a separate line.
    11-27-2015 10:53 AM
    No, he clearly stated put the sim in the watch so that he can make and receive calls from the watch. Meanwhile, his Android phone will forward emails, Google Now and other notifications using WiFi only at home. This way, he doesn't have to pay for a separate line.
    Thanks for the clarification, foxbat121. I need to focus more when I read! My apologies all.
    11-27-2015 11:03 AM