How does standalone work?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so while I eagerly wait for my urbane, I wanted to find out exactly how standalone works. Will I still receive my email notifications, even if the app does not support android wear?

Posted via the Android Central App

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so while I eagerly wait for my urbane, I wanted to find out exactly how standalone works. Will I still receive my email notifications, even if the app does not support android wear?

Have you received your watch yet?

I assume that you will get any phone notifications on your watch, but you would have to open the app on the phone to read the email, if the app doesn't support Android Wear. Whereas apps that support AW such as Inbox/Gmail, you can read some of the message, and send replys etc. Maybe... I haven't played around with it too much to know exactly what the functionality is.

As far as "stand alone" meaning, using the watch untethered from the phone, i.e. using the LTE data, I don't think that many apps currently will alow you to get notifications or perform other actions unless the phone is connected. Hopefully if sim-enabled watches grow in popularity, that kind of functionality will also expand.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I've got mine, but I'm at my store to make sure that it is good and fix a glitch with numbersync

arqpsa

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I got mine yesterday... I had to call AT&T to activate the new number and then get my numbersync code on the watch... after that I turned off my cellphone and made a few calls! works great! I made my first sale on this watch yesterday...! :)

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I got mine yesterday... I had to call AT&T to activate the new number and then get my numbersync code on the watch... after that I turned off my cellphone and made a few calls! works great! I made my first sale on this watch yesterday...! :)

do u use WhatsApp? does it work in stand alone mode?

N5x on Fi Network here

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had just called AT&T. Numbersync wasn't working because when I split from my mom's account, I had to make a new account and my number wouldn't transfer. Wasted over an hour waiting for a store rep to get my urbane activated and all it took to get around the numbersync issue was to set it up through the old account...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome