I love this thing!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm not even finished with my first 24 hours and I am loving this watch. This IS a smart watch. It looks like a lot like a luxury watch.

Screen is gorgeous and incredibly responsive. The battery is just insane. I took mine off the charger at 8:49 PM and as of 4:34 AM it is 74%. Ambient screen and tilt to wake are on. Data was on, but about half of that time was set to 3G, but it is currently set to LTE. Brightness is at medium.

I'm going to use this as an excuse to finally start my vlog, so I will go into more detail in that.

What do you think so far?

Posted via the Android Central App

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving it too! Did about 1 1/2 hours on a single 4g call from the watch (while my phone was off line) and lost about 40% battery which I think is great since that's not how I plan to use it. Glad to see that my music and phone calls work via bluetooth headset, and number sync is exactly what it's supposed to be; and finally, I have my watch setup to display my cell phone number even when I make a standalone call from the Urbane. So far...good to go!

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
glad u guys are enjoying it, but can either of confirm if it is sim locked? that way I can enjoy one to!

N5x on Fi Network here

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So far so good here. Battery is decent, texting and calling through the watch works pretty well. Still testing some of the features but so far, finally a smart watch I might hold on to.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
got a couple of different stories abt how WhatsApp works during standalone, anyone here use WhatsApp? doesn't work on standalone?

N5x on Fi Network here

michael3735

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I like it alot also but man this thing may be to big for me but I'm going to give it a week and see if I can get used to it.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to post this yesterday, but I finally put my watch back on the charger around 1:50 PM. Over 12 hours and I'm pretty sure that I can do better

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
got a couple of different stories abt how WhatsApp works during standalone, anyone here use WhatsApp? doesn't work on standalone?

N5x on Fi Network here

Not sure, but I suspect what's app doesn't work standalone. However if your phone is online and you are elsewhere still on wifi or cellular, don't notifications from the phone still make it to Android Wear in recent versions? That might explain the conflicting reports.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
yes it does, I know when my watch is on wifi WhatsApp works. just want to confirm the cellular part. I got one yes and one no. so I'm asking everyone :)

N5x on Fi Network here

kilrush2472

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Disappointed, I am an iPhone user and was told by verizon that this watch would work with my phone. Specifically being able to make and receive calls from the watch. Upon opening the package and doing some reading that is not the case! :(

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to install AndroidWare app on your iPhone. But features will be limited, e.g. app support. I assume answering phone calls should be supported. It is just matter of configure the BT settings on the watch to act as BT headset.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
In watch's BT settings, you need to enable 'Allow phone audio' in order to get your phone to recognize your watch as BT headset. You will make sure the watch is connected as your phone's BT headset before it will let you dial or receive calls. AndroidWare does not contain this feature yet unfortunately. At the end of the day, you should have just used Apple Watch on iPhone.

kilrush2472

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the Apple Watch but just didn't see the value in it as you had to be within such close proximity for the notifications to work. Hence the reason I bought this watch

kilrush2472

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to sound like an *****. So when I pair the watch to my iPhone what else do I need to do to make the watch be able to make phone calls? Thanks for helping

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't help you with iPhone. But on my Android phone, I have my watch BT connection property show up as this

Screenshot_2016-04-03-19-56-10.jpg

Notice the Phone Audio on the BT connection is checked. This way, I can ask my phone to connect to this BT device for headset.

The hard part for my phone is to make that check box show up after I turn off the NumberSync feature on the watch. NumberSync is AT&T's feature that probably similar to Verizon's messaging feature. I have to completely disable it first. Then, I can tick the Play Phone Audio feature on the watch:
screen.png

After that, with a few reboots the above checkbox magically showed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781