Battery life is incredible

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd charge cycle so it has leveled out at this point. I am not using LTE as i bought it outright but everything else including wifi and Google Fit is on and with always on ambient mode i'm only losing about 2% or less an hour using the minimal & elegant watchface. Outstanding considering it also checks both battery levels, steps and weather.

anon(9485947)

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
cool.. so at 2% an hour that should give you a couple of days between charges.
Are you using any power saving options, or is that the 'out of the box' configuration?

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
No power saving options. I charge mine daily anyway. Charging is fast. First couple battery cycles including messing with it run out fast so keep that in mind. Takes a few days to make an accurate battery assessment

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had really good battery life with mine as well, it awesome! Even with the screen always on, I basically don't worry about battery life. I rarely have below about 40% when I charge it at night. LTE does eat it a lot faster though.

Samsung S6 Edge+ w/ Urbane 2 & Moto 360 2

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
i went 10 hours today and charged it at 87% just out of habit. going to shut it off at bedtime. no need to charge it when i sleep and it charges fast. so nice not to have to babysit it throughout the day or have to worry about it whatsoever during the day. if i could just break the habit of it concerning me lol

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok first full day with everything on but GPS and after 13 hours I was down to 30%.. Hopefully it will get better. I would love to keep GPS on. Anyone running theirs with GPS on? Also, received three calls but didn't answer them because no-one has my phone number yet.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I ran mine yesterday and put in in my wrist. About 1 pm. Wore it for about 11 hours which included a 45 minute treadmill run and it had 30% when I took it off. It was also my first day so may not be the best judge but looks like it should last the day assuming you are not doing a lot of GPS related tasks.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the battery life is worse on the new edition, or most possibly the new firmware version, than my Nov edition. With cell radio turned off and use BT only, my old Nov edition (just returned before I can update to the new firmware) would still have about 70% battery left when I use it from 7AM to 10PM. The new watch with new firmware using the same configuration has been consistently at 30% battery level last couple of days.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I ran mine yesterday and put in in my wrist. About 1 pm. Wore it for about 11 hours which included a 45 minute treadmill run and it had 30% when I took it off. It was also my first day so may not be the best judge but looks like it should last the day assuming you are not doing a lot of GPS related tasks.

Thanks for the info

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the battery life is worse on the new edition, or most possibly the new firmware version, than my Nov edition. With cell radio turned off and use BT only, my old Nov edition (just returned before I can update to the new firmware) would still have about 70% battery left when I use it from 7AM to 10PM. The new watch with new firmware using the same configuration has been consistently at 30% battery level last couple of days.

Foxbat121, Thanks for the info. I have about 10 days to make a decision on keeping this or not. My gear s2 4g never gets close to not having enough battery at the end of the day with everything running. I don't mind charging every night but I would like for this to last all day. Two questions:
1. How are you turning cellular off?
2. Are you still feeling good about this watch?
I love the looks of this watch just need it to last me all day.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is option to turn off the cellular and I always turn it off and manually turn it on when I needed. Unlike Samsung Gear S I have before, AW leaves cellular radio on all the time even in Auto mode which consumes a lot more power.

I have it since Nov 2015 and it is by far the best watch out there. This watch has the largest battery (570mah) compares to typically watch battery of 200 to 300mah (including Samsung Gear S/S2). With proper software, it should last twice as long as any other watches out there. It is just current firmware has some issues that seems to consume more power than the old firmware I have on the Nov edition.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Turned always on to off since it is very responsive. Turned the cell radio off since that is an emergency only function for me. I still get notified and everything else is working. After 4 hours it still reads 100%

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
There is option to turn off the cellular and I always turn it off and manually turn it on when I needed. Unlike Samsung Gear S I have before, AW leaves cellular radio on all the time even in Auto mode which consumes a lot more power.

I have it since Nov 2015 and it is by far the best watch out there. This watch has the largest battery (570mah) compares to typically watch battery of 200 to 300mah (including Samsung Gear S/S2). With proper software, it should last twice as long as any other watches out there. It is just current firmware has some issues that seems to consume more power than the old firmware I have on the Nov edition.

Foxbat121, thank you so much. Don't know why I didn't see that option when looking for it before. Maybe my age (62)? I am just an old tech geek. Can't get enough of this stuff. Have it off now and will judge battery with it off.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am going to try cellular off as well today. I had the Gear S2 3G as well. I like Android Wear better than Tizen. Hopefully I can get the battery to solidly make it through the day.

My Apple Watch was very good at this. You have to charge it every night, but I was never in jeopardy of feeling like it wouldn't make it. Even if it was a 16 hour day. If I can get that with this watch I will be very pleased. I also understand if I use additional functionality of the watch (GPS while running, etc) it will shorten usage.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Based on my own experience, it should easily outlast Apple Watch (which rarely can last 16 hours if you are constantly on the move, e.g. on a vacation trip).

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Starting the day off at 100%, I typically take mine off the charger at 6 AM and put it back about 10 PM with around 50% battery left. That's with bluetooth and location services enabled all day, but LTE typically disabled. I also don't have the display set to be always on; however, I do have a watchface that monitors heartrate and displays a north arrow, with both updating relatively frequently. No complaints on battery life, other than it drops relatively quickly with LTE enabled.

No LTE but with location and BT; I have been off the charger since 8:30 AM. Still showing 81% with 1 day and 21 hours!
Steps and fitness tracking were on.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Today was a busy day at work. My watch was connected to bluetooth only. No cellular and always on screen was off. Everything else was on.

I received a lot of texts, groupme and Instagram notifications. I looked at some on my watch but mostly used my phone. I tracked my steps but I had my phone with me most of the time when I went for two short walks of about 25 mins each.

From 7am to 7pm (my day isn't over yet.) My watch is at 85% battery.

I can foresee this scenario happening more often during work days so I'm happy with that.

The only time my watch was ever close to dying was when I went to work and also worked out but even then I had 30% left by the time I charged it. I had gps tracking on when I went on a 2 mile hike.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I use my Urbane everyday and leave l cellular on auto, gps and Bluetooth are on. Numbersync is not activated. I take it off the charger at 7am and put it back on the charger around 10pm with 20% to 30% charge left. So that's a 15 hour day no problem.

I don't want to have to disable cellular for the times of the day I leave my phone (sometimes at my desk and when I go out for errands and exercise). So, about an hour of the day I'm connected to LTE and the watch works fine.

Hope that helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use my Urbane everyday and leave l cellular on auto, gps and Bluetooth are on. Numbersync is not activated. I take it off the charger at 7am and put it back on the charger around 10pm with 20% to 30% charge left. So that's a 15 hour day no problem.

Mine is on similar schedule but with cellular radio disabled because I rarely leave my phone. At 10pm, my watch has anywhere from 50% to 75% charge left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463