Owners of the original LG Urbane 2nd edition, look here

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That means AT&T is restricting it on US IP address only. I have seen them restrict phone updates this way (and also can restrict on AT&T SIM only at the same time).

Jeeze

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
How does the update come? Thru the phone wi-fi, then pushed to watch B/T? Or just wi-fi direct to watch? I could run phone thru VPN with US IP

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
How does the update come? Thru the phone wi-fi, then pushed to watch B/T? Or just wi-fi direct to watch? I could run phone thru VPN with US IP

When I received my update I believe my phone was connected to my home network by Wi-Fi and the watch was connected to the phone by BT.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That means AT&T is restricting it on US IP address only. I have seen them restrict phone updates this way (and also can restrict on AT&T SIM only at the same time).
Jeeze, if this is true, just use a VPN on your phone and pretend you're in the US.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Can someone check in android wear and tell me the exact name of watch you are connected to?

Android Wear just shows "LG Watch Urbane" on mine. The device name in the watch settings is "LG Urbane ####" The #### is a four digit number that I believe is different on each watch.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Had phone thru VPN with Seattle ip, cell and wifi off on watch, no joy yet .

Try to leave it connected to a US VPN server overnight maybe? I got my update and I don't have an ATT sim in neither of the two. Maybe switch from Seattle to Boston ...

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the original and my update keeps stopping. I get the Downloading X, but no indication of download. Then, after 30 seconds it just goes into normal watch mode. Any tricks to make this work?

Jeeze

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I talked to LG and they confirmed update comes thru Android Wear app. Can somebody tell me what version of A/W you have on your watch? Thanks

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I talked to LG and they confirmed update comes thru Android Wear app. Can somebody tell me what version of A/W you have on your watch? Thanks

My AW on the watch is 1.5.0.2655648, on the phone my version is 1.5.0.2714488 (there pretty much never the same number).

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hmm..my watch is at 1.4 and my phone is up to date. Wonder how that works?

My watch stayed at 1.4 until the recent update pushed down after the new release. Installing 1.5 on the phone didn't change this. It was the update pushed down that changed it. Not sure how the watch receives notification of that an update is available. I received notification of the update on the watch before I updated to 1.5 on the phone.

salbfit

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I live in Switzerland and bought my watch yesterday from a local shop.
As I use an Iphone it doesn't update through the cell (or does it using the Android Wear app on iOS?).
Well something updated while installing the watch. I have 6.0.1 and I use a Swiss Sim-Card.

Jeeze

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have reset my watch multiple times, tried using a VPN on my phone connected to US, and still can not get update. The fact you have an Apple phone and live in Switzerland makes it even more frustrating..haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith