Owners of the original LG Urbane 2nd edition, look here

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Apparently our watches WILL get updates. My brother and I both got software updates for the first run, and the only thing I can see is under cellular, they added the Numbersync option. If your phone supports it, have fun..unfortunately I have the Nexus 6 so I will not be able to enable this :(

I also see that its been mentioned in another thread but was at the end, so just put this here so people can get to it easier :p

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Apparently our watches WILL get updates. My brother and I both got software updates for the first run, and the only thing I can see is under cellular, they added the Numbersync option. If your phone supports it, have fun..unfortunately I have the Nexus 6 so I will not be able to enable this :(

I also see that its been mentioned in another thread but was at the end, so just put this here so people can get to it easier :p

Have you tried making a call using a bluetooth headset since the update? I'm waiting to update to see if this function is included. Thanks!

rocketjam

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm also update to 6.0.1 this morning. It didn't ask to update tho, just happened... GPS menu is a little different (and maaaybe better GPS performance?).

Posted via the Android Central App

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine got updated as well. NumberSync is now available, that's really the biggest difference. I did notice that some of the watch faces are slightly different as well...

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Are your phones on Marshmallow? Wonder if being on Lollipop and updating the watch may affect it negatively/ break functionality.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Are your phones on Marshmallow? Wonder if being on Lollipop and updating the watch may affect it negatively/ break functionality.

I've updated to the latest AW on the phone, but my phone OS is Android 5.0. The only 'issue' I've noticed so far is the Wi-Fi turns on automatically sometimes even after I turn it off. Haven't tested tracking runs yet. I'll be doing that in about an hour.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm running 6.0.1 on my watch but 5.1.1 on my phone... Seems to be just fine, haven't had any issues or come across anything that doesn't work.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've updated to the latest AW on the phone, but my phone OS is Android 5.0. The only 'issue' I've noticed so far is the Wi-Fi turns on automatically sometimes even after I turn it off. Haven't tested tracking runs yet. I'll be doing that in about an hour.
OK, I'll be waiting with baited breath to hear back on how your run tracking went. Also, maybe now you no longer have to set up your BT headset every time anew to listen to music, it is hopefully all automatic now.

Anyhow, here is one person waiting to hear back from you :)

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
OK, I'll be waiting with baited breath to hear back on how your run tracking went. Also, maybe now you no longer have to set up your BT headset every time anew to listen to music, it is hopefully all automatic now.

Anyhow, here is one person waiting to hear back from you :)

I had my first GPS tracking test since the update and it was mostly successful. I ran 2 miles with Ghostracer and then 2 miles with Endomondo. The GPS tracking was perfect for both runs. The GR run was first and it synced fine to my phone over cell data. When I finished the 2nd run with Endomondo it didn't transfer the run to the phone. This isn't an update issue since it has happened a few times before the update. Anyone use Endomondo and know the exact procedures to follow at the end of the run to sync perfectly each time over cell data? I've used Endomondo since November and this has happened about 4 times. Not sure what I'm doing differently when it happens. Cell signal is strong every time.

One reason I like GR is it has an option on the phone app to re-sync the last run from the watch when this happens. I wish Endomondo had that.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! Installed the update on my watch and it still works (biggest fear was that I would lose functionality, technology can be fickle)...

I always synch Endomondo via BT with my cell after my runs, because I run on trails with spotty cell reception, so sorry I am no help, there :(

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A lot of those here updated are not using AT&T SIM cards. If you don't see any update, you might need to drive down to US :)

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Cricket Wireless phone plan and a Truphone SIM in my watch and I received the update. I received the update while tethered to the phone with BT and cellular off on the watch.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A lot of good stuff only happens when you use BT :)

Anyway, you should be able to manually pull the update from the watch. No need to wait for it to get pushed to your watch.

Jeeze

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
No update last night, and the updates on watch says I am up to date (6.0)
Any other ideas to get 6.01 ? Any else in Canada get the update on our carriers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo