How do I get music on the watch?

becma27

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm struggling with this. I went into Google music on my phone and turned on download to android wear. When I hit the manage wear downloads, I just get a spinning circle that never leads to anything. I have music downloaded on my phone. I'm not sure what's going on?

Posted via the Android Central App

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm struggling with this. I went into Google music on my phone and turned on download to android wear. When I hit the manage wear downloads, I just get a spinning circle that never leads to anything. I have music downloaded on my phone. I'm not sure what's going on?

Posted via the Android Central App

I've had the same issue. I could never get Play Music to sync songs to the watch. I think there is an issue with music stored on SD cards. A lot of people have the same issue and have discussed it here: https://productforums.google.com/fo.../DGr1WPiy9Po;context-place=forum/android-wear

I use an app called Wear Media to transfer songs to the music folder on the watch. The AW version of this app can be used to play music on the watch also.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, since I've never had an issue with Play Music, and mine stores files on the exernal SD card.
In the PM settings, do you have "Download to wear media" enabled?
Under "manage wear downloads", I can select what to synch with the watch.

Wear Media did not work well for me, but since PM did, i may not have given Wear Media a fair shot before deinstalling it again. I found the interface a bit confusing, and it used up a lot of data synching over cellular connection when I was not paying attention.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, since I've never had an issue with Play Music, and mine stores files on the exernal SD card.
In the PM settings, do you have "Download to wear media" enabled?
Under "manage wear downloads", I can select what to synch with the watch.

Yeah I wish it worked for me also since I have ALL of my music on the SD card. When I select songs in the 'manage wear downloads' nothing happens. Same result if I try to sync using the watch to start the download.

To test the issue I set Play Music to store to internal storage and copied a song over to internal. I then unmounted my SD card. After unmounting it I was able to transfer the one song from internal storage to the watch. I'm sure I'd prefer to use Play Music over Wear Media if I could just get it to work with my SD card.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
If anyone else is still having the same issue trying to sync music to the watch, I could never get Play Music to work right, I downloaded the Sony Music (Walkman) app and it is SOOO much easier to create/sync playlists. I've uninstalled Play Music and Wear Media and now use the Sony app. The Play store said the app is incompatible with my phone, probably since it isn't Sony, but I was able to download the APK version 8.5.A.3.2 from a mirror site and it's working fine.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there any other service aside from Google Play that will allow music to be transferred to the watch? I much prefer Spotify and I've already got all my playlists there, and nothing on Google.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
any chance you can link the download. not sure what the rules are here. i tried a few from xda and the would not install on my nexus 6p. i do have version 8.3A already but i cant see anyway to send the playlist to the watch.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
any chance you can link the download. not sure what the rules are here. i tried a few from xda and the would not install on my nexus 6p. i do have version 8.3A already but i cant see anyway to send the playlist to the watch.

Sent you a PM. If you're referring to the Sony app, I downloaded version 8.5.A.3.2 from apkmirror.com.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. Worked perfect and your right it miles better than the other options. Kinda sad that Google can't make theirs this easy. Thanks again.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Well I thought I'd found the solution with the Sony app but I've noticed my playlist keeps disappearing for no reason, thus removing the songs from the watch. Worked fine for a little while, used the playlist during a run yesterday, opened today on the phone and it's gone. It's happened twice now. Hmmph.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
It seems buggy. It acts like it is syncing, but then nothing happens... then, after rebooting both devices, some songs show up on the watch. Overall I think would be a better implementation than Play Music, if it worked consistently.

Yeah I like the way it works and mine synced fine if the watch is on the charger, but the missing playlists are no fun.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Will the watch stream music from Google Play Music? I would definitely buy this with a cellular plan if I can just run with my watch streaming music to my Bluetooth headphones.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Will the watch stream music from Google Play Music? I would definitely buy this with a cellular plan if I can just run with my watch streaming music to my Bluetooth headphones.

No I don't think Play Music has introduced streaming on Android Wear as an option yet.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
It would probably be a battery drain but so useful for workouts if streaming was available. I hope we get support for any of the streaming services for a standalone music streaming app. Tmobile has music freedom and I can't even use it for my watch as a standalone.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

No streaming but you can create playlists and transfer a couple of GB of music to the watch from Google Play to listen through bluetooth while running, tracking GPS, receive texts dictated to you with audio feedback, and have a backup 'phone' if you have to make a call..... not too bad.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have similar issue using this Walkman app. Seems to be syncing but whenever i try to access the walkman app on the watch, it looks like it's starting but nothing happens... Weird.