AT&T SIM Issues

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with either missing Sim or invalid sim errors? I have gotten the missing error once a week or so, but all it takes is a quick reboot. Tonight I got an invalid error for the first time, so I rebooted it and I got a missing error. Rebooted again and back to invalid....

I will keep trying and I may just check the sim card when I get home. Otherwise the phone part is dead until Friday...

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is usually open 7 days a week, and he sales associates can replace a SIM card. (It's either the card or a bad watch - and if that's in warranty, they can replace it too.)

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Had the same issue about a month ago. 1st sporadic and then just like you consistently. AT&T told me to go to the store and replace the sim. I noticed it started after I tossed the watch on my bed. I removed the back removed the sim, cleaned it and reseated it in the watch. It hasn't giving me a problem since. *fingers crossed*

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My (non ATT) sim card sits very flush in mine, so it would be hard to dislocate it accidentally.

it started after I tossed the watch on my bed
You TOSSED it!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I guess because I got mine back in November, when breaking it would have meant NO replacement, I still want to coddle my watch and protect it from the big bad world! I may never be able to treat it just like a regular smartwatch...

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is usually open 7 days a week, and he sales associates can replace a SIM card. (It's either the card or a bad watch - and if that's in warranty, they can replace it too.)

I know. I just am headed home from work before they even open. I will be in town late enough on Friday. I might try the sim card fix in the mean time though

damiand2002

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
i am having the same issue. i already swap out the watch and now the new one is doing the same thing. i don't know if its defective as well or its a software issue. i am very frustrated with this watch. love the watch but i paid for a working watch not a half way working watch

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same issue. i already swap out the watch and now the new one is doing the same thing. i don't know if its defective as well or its a software issue. i am very frustrated with this watch. love the watch but i paid for a working watch not a half way working watch

I fixed mine in just a matter of minutes. Open back, slide the nanosim out and slide it right back in. It's possible that it just came a little bit loose.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the same message last week. It won't go away. It will pop back up sooner or later. So, I pop open the back, take out the SIM card, clean it and put back in. Hopeful, this is it. After look at the SIM slots, I can see the back of the SIM card has very little pressure to make sure it is firmly pressed against the contacts on the watch all the time. A flawed design. My Nov edition never showed this error.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Got it again 15 minutes later. I opened it up and jiggled the card and closed it back up. So far so good. Pretty unbelievable that this is even an issue in a brand new watch at this price point.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I never activated my sim from at&t although I never took it out of watch either. Have the November version, and every so often I get the missing sim notification. I also have the icon with the slash through the sim in the pull down, but assume that is indicating the sim is not activated?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's the icon for missing SIM. But if you never enabled the cellular, when you boot up it will have that icon but no notifications then it will go away.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
That's the icon for missing SIM. But if you never enabled the cellular, when you boot up it will have that icon but no notifications then it will go away.
other than the sporadic missing sim notification card which is only slightly annoying, the pull down notification shade (from the top of watch) always has (has never not had) the sim icon with the slash for my installed, yet unactivated sim. Hope it's supposed to always be present and isn't a sign of a sim problem, in the event I ever decide to activate cellular service later.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T SIM Issues

I received the "invalid SIM" message for the first time today. I've had the watch for 6 months and the SIM for 4 months. I haven't opened it yet. Anyone else receive this lately? (Truphone SIM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol