OK GOOGLE does not always work on this watch.

robertely421

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
OK GOOGLE does not always work on this watch. Sometimes I have to restart watch for it to work and other times it works fine. Has anyone else had this problem ?

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok google works for me all the time but speak now sometimes doesn't catch my commands. That's the only problem I have noticed.

Mrfantastic1381

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok Google works fine unless you switch watch faces. That's been my experience (Verizon version). Then, it's a simple matter of soft reset, and you should be good to go.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the reason is the mic on the watch catch too much noise and you really have to raise your hand and speak closer to the watch. But, I have never really fond of using it on my watch partly because I always have my phone with me.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I agree with foxbat. I've found in addition to network connection strength, how close you hold the watch when you speak and how quiet it is around you plays largely into Google rendering your request.

Posted via the Android Central App

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I've had a few episodes today where ok google command wasn't working until I restarted the phone. I swiped all the way left and had to manually press the mic icon to make a command. This was all when connected via Bluetooth to my phone.

For those having issues with ok google commands, is the mic icon available and also do you have number sync on where in the Bluetooth menu the play phone audio on wear option is gone?

I never had issues with ok google or the mic until I started using vzw messages aka numbersync.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing it again and it's not limited to ok Google. Looks like it has forgotten that it has a microphone. I will let you know how many resets it takes....

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I've turned off number sharing and accounts from the advanced menu under cellular for the past couple of days so my watch is strictly a Bluetooth device to my smartphone. I haven't had an issues with voice commands for the past couple of days. I don't know if that feature is the cause of the mic getting disabled but I'm on day 3 and the watch has no issues. Well I'm not even sure if the mic is getting disabled because everything else works like voice to text and manual voice searches. It's just that damn Ok google command. hahaha

I

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
These issues do not sound normal. You may want to consider exchanging your watch. My first watch had connectivity issues, so after I exchanged it, many of these issues were gone. Your watch should definitely connect to the network and your phone remotely (standalone) within a minute or two after having left the Bluetooth range of your phone. That is of course of you have the cellular feature enabled and are in a decent service area.

If you see the cloud with the line through it when away from your phone, but your phone is on and has a network connection, then something is wrong with your watch.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally, get something like "unable to connect to Google server" with the cloud icon. This is with no sim/cellular service, and using the watch connected via Bluetooth to my phone (with my phone present). Happened yesterday while I was at the DMV. I have the November version.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
On my HTC One M9, the blue tooth will crap out from time to time. When this happens, the AW app on the phone will say trying to connect but never connected. Cloud icon will show on the watch. In this case, my watch is truly disconnected because of the poor BT hardware on the phone. Never happened when I was using Nexus 5.
I almost have to switch off then on the BT on my phone daily. Hope the upcoming Marshmallow update will resolve this issue but I'm not optimistic.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/watch-urbane/help/lg-watch-urbane-2nd-edition-issue-t3359812

Haven't tried it, but curious what effect it would have. From the XDA link above user states:

"Resolution pb for EU watch urban 5892

I'm a solution for acces everytime

Go to menu setting/about watch
press 7 times on "numero build"
now you are the mode developer wich appears in setting/about watch
go to the menu and desactivate "active/descative wifi auto"

enjoy for "ok google" everytime

(sorry for my bad english, i'm a french who did not work well the english language at shcool)
lol

En Francais :
pour résoudre votre problème "ok google"
allez dans le menu paramètre/a propos
tapez 7 fois sur "numéro de build
maintenant apparaît dans le menu "a propos" le menu "option pour les développeurs" tout en bas
allez dedans et désactivé "activé/désactivé wifi automatiquement"

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Haven't tried it, but curious what effect it would have. From the XDA link above user states:

I gave it a try, and it has no bearing on OK Google itself, it just does exactly what the option says and turns off the "wifi auto" mode and lets you set wifi to ON instead. I guess the problem some people may have is if they don't have a cell connection on the watch (or just poor connection at the time) and they are relying on the wifi for data, the auto mode may not connect for some reason or other but the forced ON mode may keep it connected for more reliability.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for checking. I guess it could help some people. I haven't activated the developer options to see what could be tinkered with.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I haven't activated the developer options to see what could be tinkered with

The options are pretty standard for an Android device. The ones that may be of interest though are:

- Stay awake while charging
- Vibrate on connectivity change
- ADB debugging (to connect to a PC, needs root for most things though)
- Automatic Wi-Fi toggle
- Show touches (to test how accurate your screen is working)

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I've played around with it a while back. I did change the GPS settings from device only to high accuracy for the watch but honestly didn't really notice a big difference except for a faster lock when using Google maps.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've played around with it a while back. I did change the GPS settings from device only to high accuracy for the watch but honestly didn't really notice a big difference except for a faster lock when using Google maps.

I think that is a pretty big change. Can't believe LG turned it off by default. I always wondering why my new watch always takes couple minutes to get a lock while the old version is much faster.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I think that is a pretty big change. Can't believe LG turned it off by default. I always wondering why my new watch always takes couple minutes to get a lock while the old version is much faster.

I actually discovered that if you have GPS disabled and open Maps, when it prompts you to enable it again it will also provide the options to set the accuracy.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

I just saw that setting today and switched to high accuracy. Have you tracked any walks/runs to see if it makes a difference? Or do you think the speed of obtaining the signal is the only difference and once obtained the accuracy is about the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC