Calling using GV number in LGWU2 LTE?

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Receiving w/ GV# is no issue as it's a simple call forwarding. But for outgoing calls, can I use the GV app so that my GV number shows up?

If not, can I use Hangouts to make phone calls?

To clarify, this is the standalone LTE version not connected to a phone.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I think that I understand your issue: you want your GV # to be the caller ID. If that's the case, there are two ways to do it. Both are somewhat clunky and inconvenient.

1) Place calls through GV. This is done by calling your GV number then manually dialing out, following the GV prompts. Outgoing calls can't be placed via contacts (else your SIM # will be the ID), but texts can be handled via Hangouts.

2) Place calls using the GV's assigned number for your contacts. Every contact is assigned a unique number by GV, if you place calls (or texts) to this number, they will see your GV ID. If you're using Hangouts, this number has been masked. To get these numbers, disable Hangouts and go back to using the GV app and native dialer. Once you've re-attached names to all the numbers, you can go back to using Hangouts.

Google only makes apps for Android and iOS. So these methods are how GV users can use any WP, Tizen, WebOS, or any dumb phone.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
2) Place calls using the GV's assigned number for your contacts. Every contact is assigned a unique number by GV, if you place calls (or texts) to this number, they will see your GV ID. If you're using Hangouts, this number has been masked. To get these numbers, disable Hangouts and go back to using the GV app and native dialer. Once you've re-attached names to all the numbers, you can go back to using Hangouts.

That's brilliant!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer