Verizon Gear S2 3g vs Urbane 2

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts if someone switched from the Verizon gear S2 3g to the urbane 2. Obviously $500 is a lot to make the change and was wondering if it.was worth it. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback foxbat. If I get the att version does this mean I lose the ability to be connected to my phone when not by it?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback foxbat. If I get the att version does this mean I lose the ability to be connected to my phone when not by it?

You can still connect to your phone through cell data as long as you have an active SIM in both. Doesn't matter which provider(s) you use.

You won't be able to use the NumberSync feature if you're not an AT&T customer, but not a big deal in my opinion.

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replys everyone. Having a another phone plan doesn't really excite me.

Question....does anyone have the Verizon version and like it? And also, back to the original question. It is worth the switch from the gear s2 3g in your opinion.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
IMO, Original Gear S > Gear S2. As for Urbane LTE vs Gear S/S2, I sold my Gear S and very happy with my Urbane LTE since Nov 2015.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought my wife the S2 3g (non vzw) and I have the LG urbane. I don't think it's a huge difference in terms of functionality. I definitely do not think the VZW version is worth $499 so for that price I do not think it's a worthy upgrade to the S2 3g.

I love my 2nd edition because of how it looks. It functions well enough for me but I'm really looking for a true stand alone music streaming app. The S2 3g already has that.

Battery wise, my 2nd edition beats my wife's S2 3g but both watches can easily go through a normal day without charging.

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'm just going to stick with my gear s2. It works fine. Just liked the look of the urbane better. Doesn't sound like it's worth the $500. I will just hope the gear s3 has a different look. What I am really looking for:

1. A bigger screen
2. More color choices
3. Messages+ support
4. Easy ability to transfer podcasts to listen while working out
5. Better GPS capability
6. Google voice (I know this will never happen)
7. The thing I want the most is more gear support for apps. We'll see how this goes.
8. Better UI. It is pretty plain.

Maybe the urbane 3 (?) will be worth the upgrade.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke