How to get the incoming call notification on the watch without numbersync

d_godha

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Cannot use number sync because I have 6P. Wondering how can I see an incoming call notification with number on the watch so that I can ignore or decline without taking out phone. Thanks for any suggestions...

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Go into Bluetooth settings on your watch and choose play phone audio on watch. With that option checked, the watch acts just like a normal Bluetooth device to your phone. If you don't see that option, it means you have numbersync on. You will need to disable it first.

d_godha

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but after doing that my phone stops connecting to the car Bluetooth as it stays connected to the watch. I don't want to manually change BT connection every time getting in the car. I don't want to use the watch audio for the calls,. I am looking for having incoming call notification and possibly decline the call

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I have my watch connected to my phone and car. Go into Bluetooth settings and press devices. See if you can pair your car Bluetooth to the watch. So when you're in the car, it should route the audio to the car speakers while maintaining the ability to take or decline a call through your watch.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That won't work well if you have both your phone and watch in the car. You can't take a call from BT headset connected to the watch while watch is relaying phone audio. The audio will end up going through watch speaker instead.

Currently AW does not allow what OP really wants. That is one thing Samsung did better.

Edit: the old firmware on Nov edition actually allows what OP wants while the phone is still connected to another BT device. The new version has many steps backward all thanks to the useless Number sync.

Last edited:

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That won't work well if you have both your phone and watch in the car. You can't take a call from BT headset connected to the watch while watch is relaying phone audio. The audio will end up going through watch speaker instead.

Currently AW does not allow what OP really wants. That is one thing Samsung did better.

Edit: the old firmware on Nov edition actually allows what OP wants while the phone is still connected to another BT device. The new version has many steps backward all thanks to the useless Number sync.

Foxbat121, Thanks for this info. Just noticed this yesterday. Can't get calls through to headset if phone audio linked to watch. Works fine on the gear s2

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Again, I concur with foxbat. I have the Gear S2 and the watch and gear software on my phone would allow for my car to override and connect when driving.

Posted via the Android Central App

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola t505 in my car connected to my watch while using messages + to allow phone audio to play to my watch. The t505 acts like a Bluetooth headset for my watch and it works fine.

The t505 is not built in my car but I would think it should work the same way.

That's so weird.

Just to clarify.

I have a VZW note 5
ATT LG watch 2nd edition
Motorola t505 Bluetooth speaker phone with FM transmitter.

The t505 is directly connected to my watch not my phone and that's only for my driving set up. Once I leave my car, t505 disconnects from my watch.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The difference is you are with Verizon and using Message+ app to make and receive calls on the watch directly (that only works on Verizon). OP simply wants to get notified when a call comes in to the phone, not watch and get a chance to reject or pickup from the watch. If you setup your watch to play phone audio on the watch via BT. When a call comes in to your phone. Your phone rings. Your watch gets a notification. You pick up the call from the watch, it will always play on the speakers of the watch regardless if you have a BT headset connection on the watch or not. You can't relay BT audio from one device (your phone) to another BT device (your BT headset or car audio) via the watch.

Before the new firmware update, I was able to do exactly what OP asks even if my watch is not the currently selected BT headset (the phone will be connected to either car audio or another headset) on my Nov edition watch. Right now, if your watch is not the currently connected headset for phone, you get no notification what so ever.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I know I just realize that! I'm such a dodo. I was testing it just to make sure I wasn't going crazy then realized on my way to get my kids from school that I use messages + . Doh!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781