Full body protector like stock available?

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I seen a couple on Amazon from IQ Shield and Skinomi. Neither is available until the 29th. I'm thinking of ordering the IQ Shield. They both say full body but indicate they cover the front and back. Has anyone ordered from either company for other watches? Are they truly full body similiar to the stock installed one which obviously doesn't hold up as well.

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Since it's only front and back which I don't see adding any value for back side, I ordered custom made front protector from clear coat.

It's on the way and coming in few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I would love to know how the custom protector works out and how to get one. My main concern other than the screen obviously is the ring on the front around the screen as that is the most prone to bumps and potential damage.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried protectors on my Moto 360 bug gave up.
I'd bang the watch and the tempered glass would chip or break.
After tossing the idea of protectors I never had any issues.

With this one I just didn't bother.
I bought a Square Trade plan and figure I send it to them if I mess it up.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had my watch since November and it still looks like new, despite being banged against doorframes a few times clawed at by dogs, and rained, snowed and sweated on. I think this wach is made well enough that it does not need any kind of extra protection. My 2c...

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I gotta thank the OP, I was having a crappy day when I saw this thread and it made me laugh so hard that folks sitting next to me inquired and the comic relief was appreciated by all. Thanks!
😂

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Got the iq shield kit installed. It's not too bad. Blends in with the watch really well. Only 2 issues i see are The front ring is 2 pieces so there will be a noticeable seam between the 2 and the two pieces that attach to the metal above and below the screen (center of the band) will not apply properly due to the curve and i tried 2 sets. the best part is the side where the speaker is as you can set the watch down without worrying about it getting scratched. the back parts are there also but seem unnecessary. I also added a glass screen protector from a guy selling them oversees from ebay. Less than 3 bucks a piece and miles better than plastic because the prints wipe off super easy.

bckrupps

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I have the full body IQ Shield. I even got a second one free as my order was delayed due to the post office. It really is a nice kit but there is one problem. The 2 pieces above and below the display will not stick no matter what. Specifically the two metal parts on the front considered the center of the band. Due to the curve or angle it will not lay flat and stay down. There is also limited protection on the right side as there are just 2 small weird shaped pieces to the left and right of the buttons. The best part is actually the piece that lays over the microphone side as it protects very well so you can set the watch down with no worries of damage. i give it about a 7 out of 10. Could be improved but does a good job in most spots where it needs to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20