Change Firmweare LG UB2 LTE European US/ASIA model.

lulle

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.
I am a novice at this with androidwear Smartwatches.
Maybe my question that I ask seems crazy to many, but for me it is very important one.
I have 2 LG Urban 2 LTE.
An LTE badnd! 800/2100 (US or Asian model)
And a Europe with bands FDD LTE.(EU)

My first question is:
Anyone know if it's the same hardware in both the clocks and the bands exclusively controlled by the Firm Wear?
If it is the same hardware, should we not be able to change firmware so that I may get Eu model bands on both?

My second question is:
Can you change the whole firmware so that both clocks get all the European languages.
Or perhaps it is enough to replace one or more of the Library of the watches?

Grateful for all the help I can get.

Lulle

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why you are referencing the US and Asia models together, as they have different bands. Asia is 900/1800 GSM, 2100 UMTS, and 850/1800 LTE, where as the US models are 850/1900 GSM/UMTS/LTE for AT&T and 700 LTE only for Verizon.

So my guess is no, the hardware is not the same so you shouldn't be able to change the available bands through a firmware update.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Knowing OEMs... if it had the HW to support the band, it'd have the firmware. I suspect that, at least when it comes to LTE.... Qualcomm's licensing varies with the number of bands you support. So a phone that has the full monty, like the 6P, has to pony up more dough to QC than something with a sub-set. I can only assume that extends to smart devices that have an LTE radio as well.

lulle

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for a quick reply.
One of watches has WCDMA 2100 and the LTE 1800/2100 which would be what model?

The second part of the question, about language, what do you think about that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech