Teardown

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
One question. If the strap breaks or comes to the end of its life, will LG offer a replacement. It looks like that it not that hard to replace from the pictures. I hope we will not need to throw away the watch if the strap is broken.

Posted via the Android Central App

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
That is a very good question. One of my strap has ripped slightly at the enclosure level. Just enough for me to see the connector. It still holds super tight but... i am worried

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
One question. If the strap breaks or comes to the end of its life, will LG offer a replacement. It looks like that it not that hard to replace from the pictures. I hope we will not need to throw away the watch if the strap is broken.

Let's see LG offer the charger dock accessory first before we go down to other items :) In other words, if LG doesn't care enough to offer normal accessories like charger dock, the chance to see they offer replacement straps is next to zero.

Ahmed Moussa1

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
May some third parties can do something even if without antenna as a replacement strap. It's just held by 2 screws.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is simply not enough demand for it. We still haven't see any 3rd party to create the cheaper charging dock yet.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's the problem. Not enough demand. It's an amazing watch, the only one i honestly like. I've tried, Pebble, Samsung Gear, Moto 360 first and second gen, Huawei... Once i got my hands on the LG, all the others one faded away in my memories.. :)

But that strap episode worries me, it does not feel like it's about to let go at all, it still is firmly in place but still.. It got me worried enough to the point where i ordered a second LG Urbane 2nd gen that i will use as my main driver, keeping the one i have now as a backup.

Hopefully, next year will be the year where those type of all-dressed watches (with LTE, GPS etc..) will become more common. I am not willing to bet on this though, seeing the current trend of regular smartwatches that are not selling that well..

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you bought yours in US, carrier (either AT&T or Verizon) offers 1-year warranty. Just go to their warranty location (I know AT&T has warranty device center in many cities) and ask for a replacement.