Heads up for everyone... I've only had the watch for about 1 1/2 months and I just noticed the rubber band broke at the connection to the case.

Basically, the band appears to house a nut that a Torx head screw connects to, through the case. The rubber that houses the nut tore/broke.

AT&T will not cover anything after 14 days, so they told me to connect up with LG's warranty service. We'll see what happens...

Not super happy with the quality, at this point. First the recall, now this.
    06-05-2016 02:37 PM
    You should contact AT&T warranty service for replacement. Stores won't handle that(They only handle new device 14-dya returns). Typically, they have dedicated device support center to handle walk in service in different cities as well: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=UO6Ts1IO
    06-05-2016 02:59 PM
    Heads up for everyone... I've only had the watch for about 1 1/2 months and I just noticed the rubber band broke at the connection to the case.

Basically, the band appears to house a nut that a Torx head screw connects to, through the case. The rubber that houses the nut tore/broke.

AT&T will not cover anything after 14 days, so they told me to connect up with LG's warranty service. We'll see what happens...

Not super happy with the quality, at this point. First the recall, now this.
    Had the same exact issue on my first one. But the band still holds.i bought another new one and my old (for now) until i find a way to fix it.

I have not placed a call to LG yet, i live in Canada, no clue if they will honor it.
    06-11-2016 08:35 AM
    Samsung isn't any better. Google for charging dock break issue for every single Samsung Gear S1 owner. Over the years, I had dozen Samsung phones and half of them have serious problems not too long into the ownership. I still have my son's GS3 that can no longer correctly read battery level after 1 year (can only be used while charged). And a brand new Galaxy Alpha that can barely receive any cell signal around a year of ownership
    06-22-2016 08:50 PM
    These service issues are what will hinder growth of the smart watch industry. The devices aren't cheap, and if they are delicate to boot then repair options are going to be critical. I keep holding out on purchasing one hoping to start hearing positive outcomes for repairs. Personally I don't mind paying for fixes due to my own fault but let's be real if a band on a $350 watch is going to cost over $100 to replace and it can break as quickly as a month or two then something's definitely wrong with the industry. Waterproof dive watches that take a beating for years have been around for decades, granted they don't have touch screens but still... Broken band on this watch, crowns falling off on the Huawei Watch... It's ridiculous.
    06-22-2016 09:28 PM
    I had the very same experience.
    its really too bad LG dosent recognize their design as a failure.
    Lets face it , as far as the band design, they re-designed the wheel with square edges.

most, it not all, watches rely on the metal pin in a band to act as a pivot point.
    the silicone material used is infamous for tearing,
    and the nail in the coffin was when they decided a pin through the band wasnt as good as two little 'nubs". It has to hold something that is straped snuggly to wrists of varying sizes daily. it realy dosent need to be robust. Heck , Not even robust. H.ow about just STANDARD. as in every other watch.

furthermore LG preffers to generate more revenue from a failed design rather than an opportunity to earn customer loyalty.
    I saw an LG refrigerator at home depot. looked nice.
    after this experience with LG. i wouldnt put one of those in my house if it was given to me. God knows what problmes are in store. if they cant get a watch strap right

end rant
    08-13-2016 04:46 AM
    I had the very same experience.
    its really too bad LG dosent recognize their design as a failure.
    Lets face it , as far as the band design, they re-designed the wheel with square edges.

most, it not all, watches rely on the metal pin in a band to act as a pivot point.
    the silicone material used is infamous for tearing,
    and the nail in the coffin was when they decided a pin through the band wasnt as good as two little 'nubs". It has to hold something that is straped snuggly to wrists of varying sizes daily. it realy dosent need to be robust. Heck , Not even robust. H.ow about just STANDARD. as in every other watch.

furthermore LG preffers to generate more revenue from a failed design rather than an opportunity to earn customer loyalty.
    I saw an LG refrigerator at home depot. looked nice.
    after this experience with LG. i wouldnt put one of those in my house if it was given to me. God knows what problmes are in store. if they cant get a watch strap right

end rant
    They don't use a standard strap because there are antennas in the watch straps. They couldn't fit everything and the large battery into the watch itself.
    09-12-2016 03:46 PM