Call forwarding and voicemail

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So I agree that call forwarding is much easier on the battery than using numbersync. Having said that, my phone's voicemail no longer works when call forwarding to the watch is enabled.

I think the calls are being routed to the watch even if I dismiss them on my phone (hoping to send them to voicemail). Because I haven't setup voicemail on my watch phone number, the caller gets the ATT auto message that I haven't setup my mailbox.

Has anyone found a reasonable work around for this? I'd rather not have to call my watches voicemail just to get my messages.

I appreciate any insight on this. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Call forwarding uses the same mechanism as voice mail. instead forward to your voicemail number, it forwards to your watch number. There is no way to forward to two places. That's why there is a command to turn off the call forwarding. So, when I'll be away from my phone, I first turn on cell radio on the watch. Then turn on call forwarding. When I no longer need cell radio on my watch, I first turn off call forwarding. Then turn off watch cell radio. Sound like a lot of work. It is. My 1st gen Samsung Gear S did all these steps for me automatically. Google still has no clue how to make this cell watch work.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks foxbat, so if I toggle the call forwarding on and off on the watch, my voicemail will work again, right?

I suppose my other option is numbersync and deal with the battery drain.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When you turn off call forwarding, the voice mail on the phone will come back to normal.

No idea how Gear S2 works since it also supports NumberSync. In Gear S1, you have an automatic setting for Cell radio. If it is on automatic, when you leave your phone behind, it will automatically turn on cell radio and start call forwarding. You should receive a notification when call forwarding is on (or failed in most cases for me). When you come back within range of BT connection, it will automatically turn off call forwarding and turn off cell radio. Gear S2 probably should have the same thing but NumerbSync changed everything.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I think hers has the same issue, making the problem an AT&T issues as well. Unfortunately she has the galaxy s5 active which is not numbersync capable because it's not HD voice. ATT is a letdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20