03-04-2017 08:04 PM
128 1234 ...
tools
    Hi,

I am fairly new to Android and to Android Wear.

I live in Europe and have the LG Urbane 2nd Edition 3G. Does anyone of you know a release date for AW 2.0?
    09-07-2016 02:41 AM
    Hi,

I live in Europe and have the LG Urbane 2nd Edition 3G. Does anyone of you know a release date for AW 2.0?
    Nope, nothing announced yet...
    09-09-2016 07:42 AM
    OK, thanks!
    09-09-2016 01:09 PM
    Hi,

Not ready for prime time.
    There will be at least one more beta.
    I'm on Beta 1 because Beta 2 was bad.
    Tetragrammaton likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:06 PM
    Anyone tried beta 3 just yet?? Came out yesterday...
    10-01-2016 06:00 AM
    Honestly i like it. Huge negatives are google fit doesn't work, maps doesn't work and all apps for the most part have to be sideloaded with adb. The positives are the new features are great, it is very fast and battery life is great. if you are already on a dev preview and want to put an hour or so into it setting up and sideloading apps it's worth it. if you aren't currently on a dev preview i would stay put because the stock image for 1.5 is broken with battery reporting and it's beyond horrible battery life to go back so you more or less are stuck.
    10-01-2016 10:09 PM
    Hmmm, ok.. yeah I'm still on 1.5 and was looking forward to try 2.0 but with what you just said, i might hold off a little..
    10-02-2016 09:16 AM
    Honestly i like it. Huge negatives are google fit doesn't work, maps doesn't work and all apps for the most part have to be sideloaded with adb. The positives are the new features are great, it is very fast and battery life is great. if you are already on a dev preview and want to put an hour or so into it setting up and sideloading apps it's worth it. if you aren't currently on a dev preview i would stay put because the stock image for 1.5 is broken with battery reporting and it's beyond horrible battery life to go back so you more or less are stuck.
    I moved to DP3.
    I was on DP1 and tried DP2. DP2 was just too unstable.
    DP3 seems to be stable. I haven't tried side loading any applications.
    I like the ability to assign functions/apps to the buttons.
    Step Count can be assigned to one o the complications.
    Movie/Theater mode is back.
    Having the play store directly on the watch is very cool.

Things missing for me:
    No heart rate app yet.
    Few watch faces.
    My coffee app for paying at SB is gone.
    VIP application no longer avail.
    Other stuff and lots of it missing.
    10-04-2016 01:51 PM
    I have DP3 since release day with all apps sideloaded, hangouts, messenger, fit. Maps I haven't put on yet but will tonight. The watch is so much better it's insane. Battery life is awesome. I mean really awesome. I don't turn off sim radio at all anymore. Everything works great, voice, hangouts...etc.

Even in standalone.

Most apps you can sideload, just pull the wearables APK from the assets folder of the app(download the app open it with 7zip on computer and over adb
    ADB Install filename.apk )

Watchfaces do have issues at times. But once they are in new play store there should be no issues.

Very happy now.
    10-04-2016 02:06 PM
    Is there any way to sideload the stock watch faces back on? i used the gold version quite a bit. Also after further time using the preview sideloading is initially a hassle but i fully agree with everything runningwarrior08 said. Battery life is amazing, it's smooth and miles ahead of preview 2. Not perfect obviously but coming along nicely.
    10-04-2016 05:40 PM
    Well, how about voice commands? Can it be used seamlessly as in 1.5? If that works well, i think i ! might do the switch. Just need to be sure that Ghostracer will keep on working after since i use it a lot.. Regarding watchfaces, i guess you can sideload Watchmaker and download the watchfaces you need.
    10-05-2016 06:25 AM
    Is there any way to sideload the stock watch faces back on? i used the gold version quite a bit. Also after further time using the preview sideloading is initially a hassle but i fully agree with everything runningwarrior08 said. Battery life is amazing, it's smooth and miles ahead of preview 2. Not perfect obviously but coming along nicely.
    Yes you can extract the watch faces from the 1,5 image and sideload them.

The only problem I noticed and eventually returned to 1.5 is that I get a significant lag (maybe 1 minute or more) in showing the notifications (From the time I get the notification to my phone until I see it on the watch.) And I get the same lag on phone calls too when it's the first time ringing after a while sitting idle. Has anyone else noticed something like that?
    10-05-2016 07:00 AM
    tech_head: DP3 allows you to change the use of the extra buttons? What can you do with them now, and where do you set it up?

Or did you mean the face complications?
    10-05-2016 03:28 PM
    I like the ability to assign functions/apps to the buttons.
    Can you give more details on this? Can you lets say, use a stop watch app, and set the buttons to start and stop? Or can you only assign apps to open?
    10-06-2016 01:28 PM
    Awesome. Only wanted the premium gold face. If anybody outside the US could share the premium blue version i would be very grateful. I have searched high and low for it to no avail and nobody wanted to create it for watchmaker
    10-06-2016 11:17 PM
    I'm running DP3 on my watch. Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to install Google fit?
    Where do I find the APK for Fit for AW or Ghost racer. I use my watch Everytime I go on a mountain bike ride and LG health on the watch does not seem to work, well it kind of works the display only show time, not distance or speed though after my ride if I goto FIT on my phone it does show my ride and the distance.
    10-10-2016 03:02 PM
    Google fit apk is located in the assets folder not the raw folder like most. works great
    10-10-2016 11:27 PM
    RunningWarrior

I am not a developer but managed to get preview 3 loaded. i realized many apps didn't work or won't loaded.
    is there an easy way or a site that explains to novices how to sideload apps? and how to get app APKs to sideload?

thanks

john
    10-11-2016 10:56 AM
    I would be interested in this as well

Thx
    10-12-2016 06:58 AM
    Hello!

First of all you have to enable the developer options on your watch with these steps
    1. Open the Settings menu on the watch.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu. If no Developer Options item is provided, tap About.
    3. Tap the build number 7 times.
    4. From the Settings menu, tap the Developer Options item.
    5. Enable ADB debugging.

After that you'll have to prepare the apk's you want to sideload by extracting them from your phone by using an app like apk extractor or any other means that you prefer. Open one by one the apk's from your computer with winrar and extract the wear apk located usualy in the "raw" or "assets" folders in the same folder that you have the platform tools. You may have to rename them because they all have the same or similar names. (make sure you don't use spaces or other special characters)

Then you connect your watch with the usb cable to your computer and accept the adb message that you'll see, if you don't see any message you'll propably see it in the next step.

Open a command prompt window on the folder that contains the platform tools and type "adb devices" just to make sure that your watch is connected.

After that you start sideloading the apk's by typing "adb install myapk.apk". (replace "myapk.apk" with the names of your apk's)

Because this may be a bit boring to type one by one every apk you need to sideload, an easier way to do it is by creating a txt document in the same folder as your platform tools and start writing down the commands in seperate lines, like this:

adb install myapk1.apk
    adb install myapk2.apk
    adb install myapk3.apk

close it and save it. rename it to something like "sideload.bat" and when you're ready just double click it and just wait to finish. Make sure you change the extension of the filename from ".txt" to ".bat"
    10-12-2016 07:59 AM
    RunningWarrior

I am not a developer but managed to get preview 3 loaded. i realized many apps didn't work or won't loaded.
    is there an easy way or a site that explains to novices how to sideload apps? and how to get app APKs to sideload?

thanks

john
    I would be interested in this as well

Thx
    It's not that bad to do. If you are on the DEV preview already I am going to assume that you already have ADB and fastboot installed on your system. If not install this and do it system wide, to make things easier [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers -… | Android Development and Hacking

You now need to download an APK. This can be done from various different sites including apk downloaders that you type in or paste the market link. With those I have noticed I do not always receive the wear companion app, at least on hangouts. So I went into the market and saw hangouts newest version number and googled that with hangouts apk after the version. Downloaded from a more well known site.

Once you have the APK you need something to open it... 7ZIP works well, is light, and fast. I highly recommend it : 7-Zip
    AW 2.0-step-1.pngAW 2.0-step-2.pngAW 2.0-step-3.png
    From there you now can open 7zip and browse to the apk, the wearable apk could be in different places I am using hangouts as an example. The wearable APK is in the assets folder(see attached pics) Extract it to a folder or desktop.

From here wherever you extracted it to hold RIGHT SHIFT key and right click on the empty space of the folder or desktop depending on where you put it. Click on "open command window here"(This only works if you have ADB system wide, if you do not you must put the apk in the same folder as ADB is and right click with shift there.)

Now you are ready for some adb.

Make sure your device is attached and debugging mode is enabled.

In the command window type
    Code:
    ADB DEVICES
    Make sure your device is there, if it says "unauthorized", authorize it on the watch.

Now type
    Code:
    ADB INSTALL HANGOUTSWEARABLE.APK
    It should now install and be done. repeat as desired. and where we have HANGOUTSWEARABLE.APK.. It will always be "nameOfApk.APK"

I hope this helps, if you need more info let me know. I dont have my cable with me to put adb screens up but it is pretty straight forward.
    10-12-2016 08:18 AM
    Johco and Roadwarrior

Thanks! those were both very good directions. I do have ADB and all, i managed to load Preview 3 so the hardware/cabling end of things were already known to me.

thanks again! i will load Preview 3 again, i went back to old wear because without side loaded apps, the watch is pretty useless as a companion.

John
    10-12-2016 08:39 AM
    Have you noticed any delay in notifications with the developer preview?
    10-12-2016 08:44 AM
    Have you noticed any delay in notifications with the developer preview?
    Yes since dp1 there is a little delay, a few seconds. The main thing is it doesn't always vibrate though.... That one is upsetting. Or it is very weak idk.
    10-12-2016 08:46 AM
    I also had the delay in incoming calls as well and it was frustrating. This was the main reason I returned to the normal build
    10-12-2016 08:49 AM
128 1234 ...