Heart rate monitor constantly checking

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
even when it's on the kitchen counter, and the screen lock is activated. Anyone else notice this, and know how to stop it from doing it. I've disabled the Body Sensor setting in the Google Fit app on my phone, but still happening. Thanks.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
even when it's on the kitchen counter, and the screen lock is activated. Anyone else notice this, and know how to stop it from doing it. I've disabled the Body Sensor setting in the Google Fit app on my phone, but still happening. Thanks.
That only disables what's on your phone, no effect on watch. The only time heart rate monitoring is on is when you started an activity tracking like running or walking in either Google Fit or LG Health. You must stop the activity tracking on either app. Usually, GPS will also be on.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I now have this heart rate monitoring occur every 30 minutes. Even when I charge it at night. The lights light up the bedroom in the middle of night Never happened before. Must be some new updates. Very annoying.
Checking the Fit app on watch (the only place you can see the heart rate data) confirms it is Google Fit and repeats every 30 minutes or so.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried this morning and it still won't sync with my watch. So there goes that POS.

Still Google fit is integral part of AW and there is no way to remove it from the watch AFAIK.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Noticed the same issue last night! I see it occur every 30 min now in Google fit. I will uninstall it right away as i don't really use it.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It also seems to impact battery life significantly from my experience so far. Bad move, Google. Now I can't leave it charged over night. I have to put it inside a drawer so that it won't wake me up in the middle of night.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, same here (woke me up last night..). Now, i have uninstalled Google Fit on my phone and then resynced the apps in Android Wear. Now Google Fit on the watch has turned back to it's prior version. Scrolling left when in Google Fit allowed me to find the Disable menu, which i did.

I'll monitor my watch and see if the dreaded HR monitor starts automatically again..

What a drag, hope it will work. My battery life has been horrendous in the last 2-3 days...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried uninstall and disable Fit app and still occurs on mine last night. So for the last resort, I completely reset my watch and start over again. Let's see how this works out.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey, let me know if the reset helped. Disabling Google Fit also did not work for me. The watch started flashing again last night !

Thx

Max

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It holds up good so far since I reset and RE-pair it this morning. I even installed latest Google Fit phone app and no problem yet.

Update: it has been almost 12 hours since I reset my watch. No unwanted heart rate measurement even with the latest Fit app. So, it is fixed. Luckily, reset the watch is much less of work than reset phones.

Last edited:

MingDao

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
My watch started doing the same this past week. WTF Google or is it LG?
I can not find any cause or solution for this and it is absolutely annoying.
Please update us in whether the complete wipe, unpairing and pairing again, holds as a fix.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I re-paired(wiped) watch, and have declined any Google or LG Health - related permission requests, and have not had it happen since. Watch still tracks steps, but obviously I'm avoiding launching heart rate monitor.

And this had been happening to mine since June. Wonder why it only started with y'all in September...

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Must be something in new Google Fit app triggers it.

Unpair the watch will wipe and reset the watch. This works to stop that stupid heart rate monitoring issue for now. The real solution will be for Google or LG to fix the bug. But I'd guess both are hard at work with AW 2.0 updates.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same thing. Just noticed it last night when it kept turning the bedroom into a rave, then wife kicks me and I move it or something. Saw it on for minutes while in the shower and it didn't stop until I picked it up.

I accidentally got into LG health from a button trigger the other day. Could that be the culprit?

I am going to reset and see what happens.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Guys, just wanted to let you know that on my end, the reset also fixed the issue. Looks like we have a solution here :) Finally..

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Reset worked for me (unpair and repair the watch to phone).
I first tried to resync apps but that didn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy