Can the urbane 2nd edition work with Bell

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello there.

I just got a used urbane 2nd edition. Great watch. I am trying to have it unlocked in ordering to be used on a Bell network.

Seems it can't be unlocked ( using unlock codes from website such as unlocker.com) because I am getting the message "cellular network not available". When I am following the unlocking procedure .

Any help would be appreciated.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello there.

I just got a used urbane 2nd edition. Great watch. I am trying to have it unlocked in ordering to be used on a Bell network.

Seems it can't be unlocked ( using unlock codes from website such as unlocker.com) because I am getting the message "cellular network not available". When I am following the unlocking procedure .

Any help would be appreciated.
I've not heard of the Urbane 2 being locked. I purchased mine new directly from AT&T and it was unlocked from the beginning without any effort on my part. I've never used AT&T and have been using a different provider without issue. Which version and location?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's Bell in Canada you're attempting to use. Do they have similar GSM bands as AT&T?

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks you all for your replies.

I installed my Sim card and rebooted the watch. And still can not make calls

I have the following message status for the following settings :

1. Network operators : no available network
2. Network : empty
3. Network type : unknown
4. Service state : out of services
5. Roaming : not Roaming
6. Network state : disconnected
7. Phone number : my Sim card phone number is there
8. Access point name :bell mobility pda.bell.ca
9 .network operators : no networks find

Any help would be appreciated

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
1. Network operators : no available network
2. Network : empty
3. Network type : unknown
4. Service state : out of services
5. Roaming : not Roaming
6. Network state : disconnected

It seems like it can read the SIM card fine, but can't find a network. Just curious as it wasn't mentioned above, but which model did you purchase? I'm fairly confident only the AT&T model has the right bands for Canadian networks.

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to be so ignorant but can you tell me how I can know which model I got? And from which original carrier?

I bought it from someone in the US. I ask him from which carrier it was and didn't get any reply yet...

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to be so ignorant but can you tell me how I can know which model I got? And from which original carrier?

I bought it from someone in the US. I ask him from which carrier it was and didn't get any reply yet...
Settings> about > regulatory information

What's the FCC id? Ending in w200a is AT&T model. w200v is Verizon.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine is the w200a version (att), got it 8 month ago and works like a charm on Videotron using LTE. I have AW 2.0 dp3 installed on it.

Georges loi

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Under regulatory it says "complies with IDA standards DB 102260 Republic of South Africa ICASA TA-2015/1601

That does not look good :( lol

Can you tell me how I can get the model number?) I am not sure if it is a W200a??

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Can you tell me how I can get the model number?) I am not sure if it is a W200a??

If it's mentioning anything about South Africa I can guarantee it's not the W200A model, unfortunately. So that leaves you with 3 options. 1) try to return to the seller, 2) sell it yourself, or 3) use it with bluetooth/wifi only.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
77b4f6ac0043db8dfff701c7b5c3fac3.jpg

Ah I should have noticed that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol