AW 2.0 on AT&T

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Figured I'd start a thread on this so we can let each other know when the 2.0 update is released for the LGU2 watch on AT&T. Hopefully sooner than later.

When you update, let us know how you like it? Thanks.

mofo124452

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Figured I'd start a thread on this so we can let each other know when the 2.0 update is released for the LGU2 watch on AT&T. Hopefully sooner than later.

When you update, let us know how you like it? Thanks.

Hi there. Yes that was a good idea. I have one too. I figured that watch would be one of the first updated since LG made both of those new watches.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I tweeted on both LGUS and LGUSmobile asking when we could expect the 2.0 update. I read that people have had success from Fossil and others in getting a release estimate that way. Will let you know if I hear anything.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Ok so no dice. LG techs are saying they don't know if or when we will get the release. Basically, she suggests buying their new watch. Foxbat was right.

Attachments

• 3407.jpg
    3407.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 66

mofo124452

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Wow. I called them (LG)yesterday and asked about the update and told them specified specifically that I had the urbane 2nd lte watch and where was the update. The associate told me that they sent it to Att already for them to release to our watches (not sure which service you use). Called att and they said they'd not yet received the update. Our watches were confirmed to get the update so maybe it will come soon. This watch was pricey so I hope it gets that update. Fingers crossed.??????

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see AT&T confirm that there will be AW 2.0 update. Did I miss anything?

It will be wasting your time asking any support for update. They are the last to know.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So I think the chain of command would be something like this:
Release of AW 2.0, for the Urbane 2nd Edition to LG
LG tests and then releases to AT&T
AT&T tests and then releases to users

kuau

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
What is so hard to understand is Google used the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition for all the AW 2.0 preview testing then for LG not then follow up with the final version?
What's up with that? I'm running the latest preview build but unfortunately the 2 buttons don't work anymore

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
LG wants to sell as many of their new watches as they can and they know that current LG Watch owners are part or this market. It's about money.

mofo124452

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Good Morning. I do too. Seriously it seems like the urbane 2 can do what the new watch can short of NFC which LG says the urbane 2 doesn't have which isn't a deal breaker for me. I just want that update. Hope we get it soon as it appears other watch makers are already pushing their AW2 updates to their older watches.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Good Morning. I do too. Seriously it seems like the urbane 2 can do what the new watch can short of NFC which LG says the urbane 2 doesn't have which isn't a deal breaker for me. I just want that update. Hope we get it soon as it appears other watch makers are already pushing their AW2 updates to their older watches.
The LGU2 does have NFC also. The teardown photos of the device show the chip. Also, over in Reddit a member of the AW team answered some questions after the 2.0/new watches announcement and said it had NFC ( and would receive Android Pay).

There have been announcements about other watches receiving 2.0 soon, but none have actually started yet.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Well, glad to see that Huawei watch got the 2.0 update. It's terrible that the Urbane 2nd Edition will be last receiving this update given this was the watch that google and LG partnered on while doing the pre-release testing. Shame on you LG!

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I canceled my ATT service on my LGU2 watch. Tired of wasting $14.67 a month on service I rarely use. Wanted to try the 2.0 update with the enhanced LTE features - but tired of waiting. My Samsung Gear S3 is my daily driver now and I am very happy with it. I am done with LG and android wear for now. It doesn't surprise me that Tizen now has a larger share of the wearable market than Android Wear. http://www.androidauthority.com/tizen-popular-android-wear-771231/
According to the latest data, Samsung’s Tizen surpassed Android Wear during Q1 of 2017 to become the second largest smartwatch OS in the world..