Sending SMS via inserted SIM (written text)

pavlii

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, newbie here and newbie as smart watches too :) I have a question: LG W200E, Android Wear 1.5. There is only one default app for Cellular-SMS and this is "Messenger". However it works fine (I chose Watch SIM, then contact and then Voice record/predefined message - and finaly the SMS is sent via inserted SIM) I need to create my own SMS (I mean the text inside) or to add/modify the predefined one(s).
I have already tried a couple of apps which are suitable for sending SMS (Textra, Wear Messenger etc.) but no one could send SMS via inserted SIM (or to be honest: because of I was not asked which SIM I will use for SMS I suppose the paired mobile phone would be chosen).

So gentlemen - is there any solution or did I miss something or ....? Everything I need is to be able to send SMS with my own text to any number I chose and this all should be done via inserted SIM.

Many thanx for any tip!

Regards, Pavel

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I've tried several different texting apps, and none seem to support the dual-sim nature of this device and will only give the option to send from the phone's sim. I think this is mostly because this was really the only device available with this option until recently with the LG Watch Sport, so the developers weren't really interested in adding options for a limited number of people.

What I'd really like to see is the Google Messenger add the option to send texts from watch sim but using my phone as a keyboard, and also being able to read and store messages sent to my watch on my phone.

pavlii

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanx for reply - it sounds good in the way I did not miss anything :) hopefully.... Well....a couple of days more testing and I will see. Maybe AW 2.0 (which I suppose will be available for my W200E) will change this.

P.

John Dodson1

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Because im using a Pixel and before a Nexus 6 the stock messenger app in the watch has an option to switch between the watch's cellular number and my phone number. I never really realized that if not using a Google branded phone there would be issues with sending standalone texts from the watch.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Because im using a Pixel and before a Nexus 6 the stock messenger app in the watch has an option to switch between the watch's cellular number and my phone number. I never really realized that if not using a Google branded phone there would be issues with sending standalone texts from the watch.
This is the way mine has always worked using the Google messenger. I can switch between watch/phone number when creating texts. I have an ASUS phone. I think OP wants to type/write texts (I have to use voice or the small list of canned responses) using the watch's number using AW 1.5. I can't do this either since I have not upgraded to the AW 2.0 preview, still waiting for the update like everyone else.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I think OP wants to type/write texts (I have to use voice or the small list of canned responses) using the watch's number using AW 1.5.

Yes, he mentioned that he wants to use something other than the Google Messenger app, which appears to be the only one that works for dual numbers.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, he mentioned that he wants to use something other than the Google Messenger app, which appears to be the only one that works for dual numbers.
I should have probably emphasized the "type/write" messages part. It appears to me, could be wrong, he's looking for apps to manually type messages (for the watch's SIM number). On AW 1.5 there doesn't appear to be any, including the Google app. The voice or canned messages work on Google but no way to manually edit them.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, typing specifically. Another thing that's really missing is the ability to check the messages sent/received on the watch's number from your phone. I know it may not be the most useful feature, but I'd like to be able to quickly skim through my previous texts and have some sort of history that isn't extremely limited.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, typing specifically. Another thing that's really missing is the ability to check the messages sent/received on the watch's number from your phone. I know it may not be the most useful feature, but I'd like to be able to quickly skim through my previous texts and have some sort of history that isn't extremely limited.
Yeah that would be handy. I don't give out my watch number, just use it for forwarding my phone calls, but if I did I'd like to have that ability.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't a Google Voice number do this? In this case, your main number stays with the carrier on your phone and the GV number is assigned to the watch. So you would use the GV app or Hangouts if you wanted to send a message from your phone with the watch's caller ID.

pavlii

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys - thanx for all the replies. As it had been stated - I really dunno to say the text and the default (and actually the only one - I am not able to change it for anything else) app "Messenger" does not have the kbd input (this was mentioned too). Actually it is not so confusing because I use another way for (just buy the real public transport tickets - not the virtual one :-D ).
I hope LG will finish the AW 2.0 for Watch Urbane soon and if not - nothing happens. I like the watches anyway 8) Or maybe I will try the offer of one "android" man who would probably write some easy app for me (he had programmed one of the free SMS apps and this was his answer to my question if chhosing between phone and SIM`s numbers could be possible).

Regards, Pavel