Battery life in LGU2 vs LG Sport.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey gang, I've been tinkering with the new LG Sport in the AT&T store and like the hardware design, but cannot understand the significant reduction from 570mA to 430 mA? Id imagine it has to do with space and the supposedly more efficient chipset, however early reviews are not showing any improved batteylife. This is disappointing.

For me, I have a smart watch with cell radio so I can leave the phone behind and get as many features and hours of use without having to carry the phone.

I have the LGU2 and Samsung Classic 4G. Both are nice, but I like the Google command capabilities of the LGU2. Overall, I am curious as to how many hours the LG Sport will get with LTE always on? On my LGU2, I get about 10 hours of LTE on with AT&T numberync on and always on screen with brightness set to 3. I do have good LTE coverage where I live.

What are some of you getting with LTE on?

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hey gang, I've been tinkering with the new LG Sport in the AT&T store and like the hardware design, but cannot understand the significant reduction from 570mA to 430 mA? Id imagine it has to do with space and the supposedly more efficient chipset, however early reviews are not showing any improved batteylife. This is disappointing.

For me, I have a smart watch with cell radio so I can leave the phone behind and get as many features and hours of use without having to carry the phone.

I have the LGU2 and Samsung Classic 4G. Both are nice, but I like the Google command capabilities of the LGU2. Overall, I am curious as to how many hours the LG Sport will get with LTE always on? On my LGU2, I get about 10 hours of LTE on with AT&T numberync on and always on screen with brightness set to 3. I do have good LTE coverage where I live.

What are some of you getting with LTE on?

I ran mine on Saturday with LTE on only and got about 12 hours out of it. The LTE radio does do a number on the battery especially if you have WEAK LTE signal. If you are in an area with strong signal it may be possible to push it further. With that said I didn't go crazy using the watch except for stuff notifications and etc. If you stream over LTE or are downloading apps and making calls, the battery usage will be reduced further.

Just want to be clear, with spotty/bad signal the battery gets really chewed up, so if you are in an area that suffers from that I would expect less than 12 hours. That also holds true if you use the LTE radio heavily. I used it as a secondary device to my phone, when leaving my phone at home I sparingly use the LTE to hold out the battery life as much as I can.

jkassay

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am using the LGU2 in standalone mode (no phone). I only get about 6 to 8 hours with moderate use (1 hour phone time, 10 texts, and maybe about 15 emails with about 4 hours on WIFI.) I am in an area with weak LTE and most of the time its HSPA. I am trying to make this work but haven't got it dependable enough for the whole day.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I use my LGU2 on cell only some days, and still get a good 12+ hours on average. If I have wifi I could get a couple days at a time, but I still charge it nightly anyways.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I use my LGU2 on cell only some days, and still get a good 12+ hours on average. If I have wifi I could get a couple days at a time, but I still charge it nightly anyways.

I get consistently 18 hours of battery life, running Wifi, Bluetooth, LTE and GPS set on Battery Saver. I am running AW 2.0 dp4.

Now, this is with just notifications for most of my important messaging apps, a couple of SMS and text messaging over those messaging apps. I also have ambiant screen on all the time. My preferred watchfaces are those from Watchmaker. Some of them I have been using only take 2% of battery life per hour.

If I use the phone app for calls or if I go for a run and track it with Ghostracer sucking on my GPS, I'll get a much different battery life result.

For example, a short 30 min run will eat up around 18% of my battery (with the ambiant screen on).

A call is even worse, 20 min eats up around 20℅ and I have not tested with Google Play streaming enough to provide results here but I will soon.

From what I have seen so far, battery life on the new LG Watch Sport seems pretty weak compared to my LG Urbane LTE and I think I'll pass on this new release from LG.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Just came back from a run using Ghostracer with my watch gps and Google Play streaming a radio playlist connected to bluetooth headphones. For a 30 min run, 24% was used.. Not bad at all for a run with onboard GPS used and music streaming. I love running without my phone and getting the same functionalities i used to have when running WITH the phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol