AT&T Number Sync on 2.0

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have sideloaded Wear 2.0 and love everything about it except one thing.

There is no option to have the watch send your text from the phone number if connected. Wear 1.5 was able to do this. It seems as though the only option would be to use Number Sync. I avoided ever using Number Sync before upgrading because of the battery drain stories and I was able to set the watch to send texts via phone number.

Does anyone know if this can be done without Number Sync or if number sync has improved on battery drain in 2.0?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The built in Messages app on the watch still works the same as before. You can choose which number, phone or watch, to send or receive text and it works for me.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
When I open the built in Messages app, I only get a screen saying "To see your phone messages turn on ATT NumberSync"

If I go thru contacts to try to send a message it does not give me a choice of sending from watch or phone number. I am receiving texts sent to the phone on the watch but cannot reply to them.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I had just figured that out. However, this requires me to use Android Messages as my default SMS app. I had been using the built in LG Messages app on my G5. Is there an option to continue using the default LG Messages app? If not, I guess I'll have to adjust to the Android Messages app. (I'm guessing this may be because its not an official LG release of 2.0)?

Also, when I try to use OK Google to send text message thru voice command, it only gives the choice of "send via watch". Is there a way to change the ok google default sms sending info?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with what text app you use on the phone side. That being said, I have always been using the Google's Messages app.

llcamino

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thavjs for the replies foxbat. In doing some experimenting it does seem to want to use the same pbone messaging app. But I already see the benefits of Google messaging app so I'll stick with it.

Would you know how to make the OK Google voice text default to send from phone number? This one has me stuck. It still only gives the option of sending via watch.