Surprise Surprise

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Was charging my Urbane 2 and when I went to put it on it was asking if I wanted to update. Well yes I do. Now sitting on very. 2.0.0.16387061 7.1.1 and Aug. Sec. Patch.

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Except we are still all walking DDOS machines until they push the Sept(+) patch. Given they just pushed Aug, it's gonna be a while before it's actually safe to enable bluetooth. At least wear 2.0 with a data plan does give the watch some autonomy without an attached phone. Hello BlueBorne, goodbye bluetooth on older devices.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Just checked and I now have 2.0 as well. How are y'all liking it?

I'm pretty meh about some of the changes. They took away one or two gesture/touch commands I was using all the time in favor of stuff I don't use frequently. Stopping alarms or going into theater mode via the button was taken away, but now I can change the watchface with one swipe. How does this make sense?

The one app I tried to download directly to the watch never downloaded and I have no idea why it was hanging, and most importantly, I can no longer twist my wrist and "OK Google" :(

How do you like it?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty meh about some of the changes. They took away one or two gesture/touch commands I was using all the time in favor of stuff I don't use frequently. Stopping alarms or going into theater mode via the button was taken away, but now I can change the watchface with one swipe. How does this make sense?

The one app I tried to download directly to the watch never downloaded and I have no idea why it was hanging, and most importantly, I can no longer twist my wrist and "OK Google" :(

How do you like it?

Hey Xendula, been a while :) Coming up on the 2nd anny with my Urbane 2 and still wearing it daily and recording 3 runs a week with ghostracer. How is yours holding up?

Regarding OK Google,I recently received an update to 2.5 on the watch and read over on Reddit that OK Google now works. I activated tilt to wake and ok Google in the settings and I can now raise my watch and successfully give the command. Of course, texting still requires a confirmation tap unlike 1.5 and mine usually tries to send from watch even with cellular turned off so it's not perfect.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

How do you like it?
Not sure yet. I have been wearing my Gear S3 for several months and just now wearing this again. Trying to relearn what it will do now. Thanks for the input..

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Xendula, been a while :) Coming up on the 2nd anny with my Urbane 2 and still wearing it daily and recording 3 runs a week with ghostracer. How is yours holding up?
Heyyy!
Sorry, another missed comment! You know what, mine is still holding up. Have been wearing it daily since I bought it in Nov (Oct?) 2015, and it works beautifully, apart from a few horizontal lines in the display that you see mostly on lighter backgrounds. Also, I had to swap the watchband because it was completely broken. It now rocks the leather one sold in Korea.

The remote shutter doesn’t work with my Xiaomi A1, sadly.

I still wonder what that mysterious component that were supposedly prone to breaking was. Maybe the watchband?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Heyyy!
Sorry, another missed comment! You know what, mine is still holding up. Have been wearing it daily since I bought it in Nov (Oct?) 2015, and it works beautifully, apart from a few horizontal lines in the display that you see mostly on lighter backgrounds. Also, I had to swap the watchband because it was completely broken. It now rocks the leather one sold in Korea.

The remote shutter doesn’t work with my Xiaomi A1, sadly.

I still wonder what that mysterious component that were supposedly prone to breaking was. Maybe the watchband?

Hello hello, still wearing mine as well. I still have the original band and I'm also seeing those horizontal lines. Mine started not long after it was updated to 2.0. The notification and play control screens seemed to cause them. It's not noticable most of the time. If the recent AW update, and the black background on notifications, were updated earlier this probably would have been prevented. Maybe that was the 'screen' issue they talked about during recalls? Who knows. Everything is still working (and tracking GPS) fine. Still using Ghostracer :)

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello hello, still wearing mine as well. I still have the original band and I'm also seeing those horizontal lines. Mine started not long after it was updated to 2.0. The notification and play control screens seemed to cause them. It's not noticable most of the time. If the recent AW update, and the black background on notifications, were updated earlier this probably would have been prevented. Maybe that was the 'screen' issue they talked about during recalls?

Maybe! Shoot, now I wish I remembered if my lines started around the same time. I am still on v 2.7.0.178645119.

Did you say the LG watch sport has only US bands, or did I misunderstand?

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe! Shoot, now I wish I remembered if my lines started around the same time. I am still on v 2.7.0.178645119.

Did you say the LG watch sport has only US bands, or did I misunderstand?

I think the black background for notifications started with 2.8. I'm currently on 2.8.0.182823779.

Yep I believe the Sport has two models, W280 for the US and W281 for international. The US model does not have the 2100 band like the Urbane 2, allowing it to work overseas and the W281 doesn't have US bands. Another reason I would more than likely buy a refurbished/used Urbane 2 if mine ever breaks. Unless they come out with a new watch that will do the same, but I doubt that will happen.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep I believe the Sport has two models, W280 for the US and W281 for international. The US model does not have the 2100 band like the Urbane 2, allowing it to work overseas and the W281 doesn't have US bands. Another reason I would more than likely buy a refurbished/used Urbane 2 if mine ever breaks. Unless they come out with a new watch that will do the same, but I doubt that will happen.

Yep, I‘d have to do the same, then. Too bad, I fear it may be a sign of things to come :(