LG Watch Urbane - Your first impressions?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
LG unveiled their latest Android Wear device yesterday, the LG Watch Urbane (you can read more about it here: LG goes for the 'Urbane' look with latest G Watch iteration | Android Central

lg-g-watch-urbane-high-1a.jpg

Phil and the rest of the Android Central crew will get a closer look at Mobile World Congress, and I can't wait. Pricing and availability is yet to be determined... but I've got to say, this is perhaps the nicest looking smartwatch I've seen to date.

What do you think?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I like the transition from watch to band, glad they got rid if the dial thing. the only thing I hate abt my moto 360 is the transition from watch to metal band, looks odd. might have to get one of these...

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Loving the look of it! This shows me that LG at least is starting to take design more seriously. Love watching the evolution of smartwatches from a geeky tech toy to a fashionable item.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen a SIM card slot on these. With built in GPS, WiFi, BT and a heart rate monitor, it could be a possible replacement for my Gear S, but not if I can't swap SIM cards.

ETA: Found the answer: SIM card is built in and can not be swapped. This just made me lose all interest in this watch. Too bad.

allisonm95

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks awesome! My only concern with wearables is that they don't look good on small wrists, as most of these models look so big in pictures. I hope this watch (or the Huawei Watch) come in smaller sizes...so far I've only seen Apple do this

Posted via the Android Central App

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks awesome! My only concern with wearables is that they don't look good on small wrists, as most of these models look so big in pictures. I hope this watch (or the Huawei Watch) come in smaller sizes...so far I've only seen Apple do this

The issue though is that smaller watch = smaller battery (what, apple didn't mention that? ;) ). Since some of these devices are already borderline on acceptable battery life, that's a bit of a problem.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

It's deceiving, really, because of the angle when you take a picture with the right hand while wearing it on the left wrist. My wrist is 6.5" and I wear the Gear S which is the largest smartwatch out there without a single issue. It just looks like a bangle, which is fine by me.
I've never liked small women's watches anyway, they look silly to me. Plus the smaller the watch the smaller the screen and, as mr_nobody mentioned, the smaller the battery.

The Apple watch looks a bit silly because it's so small.

Last edited:

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

For those worried about how smartwatches look on small / thin wrists, take a look at THIS THREAD. Lots of info and pics to help one decide... Sorry, no pics of the LG Urbane in there ;) .

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows when it will be available? I work in a bank and have to wear a suit and the best looking options for smartwatches in my case is the Moto 360 and the LG Urbane but not having an always on mode on the 360 (probably because it's not amoled screen) makes me think that I have to go for the Urbane

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone knows when it will be available? I work in a bank and have to wear a suit and the best looking options for smartwatches in my case is the Moto 360 and the LG Urbane but not having an always on mode on the 360 (probably because it's not amoled screen) makes me think that I have to go for the Urbane

Not sure when, but three more options for you are the Asus Zen watch, and two non-Android Wear options: the Samsung Gear S if you have a Samsung phone, and the Alcatel OneTouch watch which should be coming out soon.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure when, but three more options for you are the Asus Zen watch, and two non-Android Wear options: the Samsung Gear S if you have a Samsung phone, and the Alcatel OneTouch watch which should be coming out soon.
I would second the Asus ZenWatch being a good looking / suit worthy watch. However, this also brings up the square vs. round debate. So it's really up to the individual, I suppose.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but I don't like square watches. I am this close to order the silver 360 with the grey band, just have to try it in a store first. I really hope that I can buy the new 24mm mono link metal band individually later on. I hope I won't regret it.

Sblinder

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I just recevied mine from South Korea and its a very beautiful watch, well made, now if it would only do some things with wifi that I thought were basic I would be happy :)

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm curiously considering this watch. However, for any of you that have this or any other watch, how badly is the battery life of the phone affected if I need bluetooth on all the time for it to work when not on wifi?

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Never noticed a huge battery impact due to bluetooth on all the time, and I do leave it on as I need it to pair with my car and other items around the office. My phone is a droid turbo, it does have a larger than normal battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol