Hidden feature?

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I discovered an un-documented feature.

I have a Sony Smart Watch 3 that I use in addition to the Urbane when I work out or play tennis. When not wearing the Urbane, I leave it on my desk. When I get back I get a notification that wireless is turned off to conserve battery. I called support and they didn't know what to do other than to suggest a reset.

I think the watch turns off wi-fi if it is out of BT range AND there is no movement on the watch (i.e. on your wrist.)

Thoughts, ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I discovered an un-documented feature.

I have a Sony Smart Watch 3 that I use in addition to the Urbane when I work out or play tennis. When not wearing the Urbane, I leave it on my desk. When I get back I get a notification that wireless is turned off to conserve battery. I called support and they didn't know what to do other than to suggest a reset.

I think the watch turns off wi-fi if it is out of BT range AND there is no movement on the watch (i.e. on your wrist.)

Thoughts, ideas?

It sounds like some kind of feature that maybe the developers built in to the software.

phoney49

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Swipe down from the top, over to settings, then WiFi then advanced. You will see an option to set the amount of time it will use WiFi after Bluetooth is disconnected. Not quite hidden.

joantbak

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
If your battery gets low the watch will automatically turn off some features such as wi-fi to conserve power. I've also had mine declare that Fit is not being used so some features will be turned off permanently until reactivated manually.

pmorrsn

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wifi just seems to routinely disconnect while on strong charge, though on auto wifi mode.

>> I found the advanced option mentioned above (it's beneath the list of wifi names detected), and changed setting to Never. I am unsure what the default was and therefor what auto does.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers