Slow disconnect notification

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else find that when your urbane disconnects from your phone (e.g due to distance) it takes 2-3 minutes before your notified on the watch of it been disconnected?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried disabling WiFi sync? Maybe that's delaying things a bit. I don't own the Urbane, so can't say for certain, but on the Moto360 it does make things a bit wonkier when enabled.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have WiFi sync disabled. On my previous LG G watch. The notification would happen as soon as the watch/ phone list contract with each other.
Maybe android wear is to blame...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The more often the watch checks the connection, the more battery it uses. It's a trade-off. Some manufacturers choose a snappier action, some choose a longer battery life. (It's possible to have the phone notified of the disconnection immediately without draining battery, but that costs more hardware, so most manufacturers don't go that route. Software is effectively free [the cost per watch is almost nothing], but you can't just copy hardware a million times and put the same hardware into a million watches.)

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The more often the watch checks the connection, the more battery it uses. It's a trade-off. Some manufacturers choose a snappier action, some choose a longer battery life. (It's possible to have the phone notified of the disconnection immediately without draining battery, but that costs more hardware, so most manufacturers don't go that route. Software is effectively free [the cost per watch is almost nothing], but you can't just copy hardware a million times and put the same hardware into a million watches.)

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. The LG G watch had fast notifications but it's battery wouldn't last 2 days like the urbane.