As title says. Just ordered the LG Urbane watch on amazon for $200. And a metal band as well. Should I get a screen protector as well?
    03-27-2016 08:20 PM
    I chose to get one. I wasn't sure what kind of glass it has but I didn't want to risk scratching it. I guess it depends on if you beat up watches or not. $8 for peace of mind was worth it. Here is a link to the one I purchased and I had no issues with it. It's been on since December and has no scratches yet.

LG G Watch Urbane W150 Tempered Glass Screen Protector by Rerii, 9H Hardness 0.3mm Thickness REAL Tempered Glass, Shatterproof, High Definition Clear Tempered Glass, Oleophobic Coating, Retail Safety Packing (For LG G Watch Urbane) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LVPJH6...cUvbUpU5089272

Posted via the Android Central App
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:51 PM
    Sweet. I ordered that exact one. As you said $8 is worth it. I decided not to risk anything. Also like the reviews saying how the screen protector was barely noticeable. Which is more of a compliment to the watch it self I believe because of how the outer rim sits on the watch.
    03-27-2016 10:50 PM
    I agree, it's hardly visible. Not sure your experience putting them on but I apply all of my screen protectors in the bathroom with the door shut and the shower on hot to steam up thea room. I never get dust particles under the protector anymore. Best of luck with the new watch, I really like mine. I wasn't sold on smart watches but recieved this one as a gift and like it more than I thought.

Posted via the Android Central App
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    03-28-2016 11:10 PM
    I don't use a screen protector on my Urbane, but I do on my Moto360. Why the difference? The Moto360 has a flush face making it particularly vulnerable in my eyes, while the Urbane can lay face down and the glass surface won't touch anything due to the raised bezel. Now, if I frequently had the misfortune of bumping my watch face into wall corners and such, or a job that put my watch face in reasonable danger, I'd definitely get a protector. The screen protector on my 360 works fantastically, and you never know it's there.

Definitely a personal decision, and no wrong one.
    03-30-2016 05:49 PM
    So, I just got a brand new LG Watch Urbane. I am about to open the box, attach a nice metal band to it, and I don't know whether or not I should install a glass screen protector I bought for it.

What is the glass on the LG Watch Urbane made from? Is it Corning Gorilla Glass?

I baby my devices and I am very careful with them. All of my phones and tablets have screen protectors and heavy duty cases. I am not clumsy at all, but I like to be preventative for any potential mishaps that could arise.

My dilemma is that I don't know whether or not I should put a glass screen protector on my watch because it will certainly change the look of it and I'm not sure placing the screen protector on it is actually going to protect it much more than it is already protected on its own.

Please tell me your thoughts. Thank you.

Get your LG Watch Urbane News On Twitter, Follow: @LGUrbaneNews

http://www.Twitter.com/LGUrbaneNews
    12-20-2016 07:04 AM