Best Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Which tempered glass screen protector works the best with the LG Watch Urbane? Is it easy to install without getting dust beneath the glass?

Because it is glass and it is flat, does that make it easier to install without there being air bubbles?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Which tempered glass screen protector works the best with the LG Watch Urbane? Is it easy to install without getting dust beneath the glass?

Because it is glass and it is flat, does that make it easier to install without there being air bubbles?

The best tempered glass protector is the cheapest one you can install the soonest.

And yeah, with the tempered glass protectors especially, the flatter the install surface, the easier installation is.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I haven't opened up the box to my watch, yet (I just got Best Buy to sell me two for $100 each - price matched to Verizon).

So, since I have time - which one is best?

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
LG G Watch Urbane Screen Protector, Rerii Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG G Watch Urbane 1st Generation W150, High Definition 9H Hardness 0.3mm Thickness Real Tempered Glass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LVPJH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5421880

Got this one and put it on as soon as I took it out of the box. It matches the outer lip just fine with me and fits perfectly. No complaints here! Used it about a month now and haven't had any problems

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh definitely there are some that are way better than others. OK something this small those differences aren't anywhere near as pronounced

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Aren't they all made in the same factory? How are they different? You mean, some from the same brand are different? Like QC issues?

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Some have better oliophobic coatings than others. Some are thicker better glass. I just got one for my turbo 2 the other day that has round tapered edges which i like. Don't think that the tapered edges would really matter on a watch though. I think you're stressing way too much over a screen protector lol. Not sure if they are all made in the same factory but I kinda doubt it.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Some have better oliophobic coatings than others. Some are thicker better glass. I just got one for my turbo 2 the other day that has round tapered edges which i like. Don't think that the tapered edges would really matter on a watch though. I think you're stressing way too much over a screen protector lol. Not sure if they are all made in the same factory but I kinda doubt it.

OCD causes stress. ;-)

I just want to make sure because I don't wanna put one on, then it sucks, I have to remove it, something goes wrong with peeling it off the screen, etc.

Are certain brands known for having better smudge-proof/oleophobic coatings? Is thicker glass necessarily better, or will it cause an obscured view of the watch face?

As you can tell, I like to do all of my due dillegence before I buy and install things. :-D

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Of the probably 10 that I have had some are better than others. They all will get smudges and finger prints though and the coating generally don't last forever. I haven't ever had one that left a residue on the screen when taking them off though. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on one. It's just a tiny piece of glass and may eventually crack due to hitting your watch face on but that's what it's supposed to do. I'm perfectly happy with the thinner one in my watch but I like thicker ones on phones

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I typically put Zagg-type (wet application) screen protectors on my phones, but I thought that this might be hard to do on a watch with a bezel.

I have a Samsung Gear S, and I have a screen protector on it (wet application) because of its curved screen.

I guess the glass one makes sense for the LG Watch Urbane, but I wasn't sure which one is the best, and if a thick glass is better than a thinner one, and how easy/hard they are to apply. From what I understand, the glass screen protectors (just like the soft/wet application ones) don't get any air bubbles, so that's nice.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the one on my phone is 0.9 thick which is nice, but for my urbane the one I posted matches the lip of the watch casing just about perfect. One that's thicker I would bet would be more likely to crack because it would stick up higher than the casing making it more vulnerable.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
LG G Watch Urbane Screen Protector, Rerii Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG G Watch Urbane 1st Generation W150, High Definition 9H Hardness 0.3mm Thickness Real Tempered Glass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LVPJH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5424651

Got this one and put it on as soon as I took it out of the box. It matches the outer lip just fine with me and fits perfectly. No complaints here! Used it about a month now and haven't had any problems
This one here

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
How easy/difficult is it to apply nicely centered on the watch face? Any issues with air bubbles, dust? (I haven't opened the box to my watch, yet.)

Last edited:

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Should be as simple as open up both clean the screen and apply. The watch was the easiest thing I have ever put a screen protector on. There's literally no centering it just fits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci