Android Wear 2.0 on LG Watch Urbane Official Thread

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Post here when you receive your 2.0 update and your thoughts, questions and concerns. Ready to see how well it works...

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So my Google Play store on my phone has an update for Android Wear 2.0 today. I updated it, but my Watch Urbane still shows Android Wear 1.5.0.3594013 version. Do we need to wait for LG to give us some sort of system update to get the new Wear 2.0?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So my Google Play store on my phone has an update for Android Wear 2.0 today. I updated it, but my Watch Urbane still shows Android Wear 1.5.0.3594013 version. Do we need to wait for LG to give us some sort of system update to get the new Wear 2.0?

I received the same update along with an update to Google Fit. I imagine we have to wait for LG to push it out. I'm hopeful it will be this month.

BoeserWolf

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Sweet...let us know if this is 2.0...I left my watch at home today so will have to check when I get home... :)

Are there any news? No update here (germany/netherlands), I am still on Wear 1.5 (watch) and 2.0 (Phone).

Edit: hmm. Hope they hurry up, just released a game for wear 2.0 but no one can play it right now.

Last edited:

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Best guess...I just received the February security updates. I am guessing we'll get it in March to go along with the March Security updates and give them a month to rest 2.0.

pavlii

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
LG support answer to my question when I could receive the AW2.0 update for my Watch Urbane 2nd: "As far as we know there is no plan for updating LG smart watches with AW2.0".

P.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
LG support answer to my question when I could receive the AW2.0 update for my Watch Urbane 2nd: "As far as we know there is no plan for updating LG smart watches with AW2.0".

P.

Wondering what this official upgrade list means then... :(

Asus: Asus ZenWatch 2, Asus ZenWatch 3
Casio: Casio WSD F10
Fossil: Fossil Q Founder, Fossil Q Wander, Fossil Q Marshal
Huawei: Huawei Watch, Huawei Watch Ladies
LG: LG G Watch R, LG G Watch Urbane (1st gen), LG G Watch Urbane (2nd gen)
Michael Kors: Access Bradshaw Smartwatch
Motorola: Moto 360 2, Moto 360 Sport
New Balance: RunIQ
Nixon: Nixon Mission
Polar: Polar M600
TAG Heuer: Connected

coreyoli

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Wondering what this official upgrade list means then... :(

Asus: Asus ZenWatch 2, Asus ZenWatch 3
Casio: Casio WSD F10
Fossil: Fossil Q Founder, Fossil Q Wander, Fossil Q Marshal
Huawei: Huawei Watch, Huawei Watch Ladies
LG: LG G Watch R, LG G Watch Urbane (1st gen), LG G Watch Urbane (2nd gen)
Michael Kors: Access Bradshaw Smartwatch
Motorola: Moto 360 2, Moto 360 Sport
New Balance: RunIQ
Nixon: Nixon Mission
Polar: Polar M600
TAG Heuer: Connected
Right.. that's what we've all been clinging to...

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, I have talked to LG reps before regarding their phones, and it's safe to say that the reps aren't really that knowledgeable. I think there are considerable problems internally within LG with communication between departments. The best examples are the bootloop in issues and the customer service experience dealing with those. This is likely just another symptom of the internal communication problems within LG.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest, I have talked to LG reps before regarding their phones, and it's safe to say that the reps aren't really that knowledgeable. I think there are considerable problems internally within LG with communication between departments. The best examples are the bootloop in issues and the customer service experience dealing with those. This is likely just another symptom of the internal communication problems within LG.

Agreed...I am still holding out hope we'll get it in the March update...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2