crown/button sticking

rewdey

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi been very happy with my urbane over the years, I have noticed the crown on the side has been firmly sticking much more than usual. At some points, it even refuses to spring back out. It hasn't greatly affected things yet, but it's getting there esp when using google. I tried running it under water to maybe clean out some gunk but that didn't seem to help. Would some contact cleaner be the next step? Obviously as old as this is, sending it in for repair is out of the question. Thanks in advance.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I probably would NOT have tried water, lol. That being said what I would do next would be alcohol.

rewdey

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
oddly that was my first thought too, but i had read on a few boards a quick rinse might expel whatever was ailing. Next stop is a spritzer with with some isopropyl. Part of me feels it might be something internal, and geting that far in is a night mare. Thanks PK.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
G'luck :) Hopefully its not internal, as I'm sure you're out of warranty by now, so the cost of repair might not be worth it, IF you can even find someone to work on it. Might want to talk to LG either way on the slim change it CAN still be warrantied, OR for their repair suggestions.

IF you decide to get a new watch, I can recommend either the Ticwatch 2 (it's not Android Wear) OR the newer Ticwatch E or S, which ARE Android Wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC