Howdy all!

I'm pleased (and excited) to announce a brand new Cyanogen category here at Android Central! It will be monitored and used by Cyanogen staff. That's right, Cyanogen staff are HERE, waiting, willing (and eager) to answer your questions.

In fact, I'd like to introduce you to Ray Walters, a.k.a. Cyngn Ray - He's your official Cyanogen rep here at AC! I'll let him add a hello to the thread below, he's extremely excited to chat with all of you.

I'll finish by saying we will grow this section as needed... For now we're going to start small with The Cyanogen Lounge and go from there. Be sure to ask Ray any questions you have, and have fun!
    James Falconer
    VP Audience Development, Mobile Nations
    07-09-2015 02:48 PM
    Thanks James! A quick intro; my name is Ray Walters, and I do indeed work for Cyngn Inc. My title is Community Support Engineer and I'm tasked with helping to better support the community that makes Cyanogen one of the best custom ROMs out there! As James mentioned, AC has kindly agreed to create a forum that I can check throughout the day to try to answer what questions you might have about your devices running CM, as well as supporting issues that may arise. I look forward to helping you as best as I can. Thanks for being a CM user!

A few things that will help me to help you!

1. When reporting issues, let me know what device you are using and what nightly build you are running.
    2. Please be as concise as possible, specifics are awesome!
    3. If you're experiencing the same issue as another user, please refrain from making "me too" posts. Instead, make a post giving any different specifics that might help me to diagnose.

That's it!
    07-09-2015 03:06 PM
    Awesome and welcome.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    Laura Knotek and Cyngn Ray like this.
    07-09-2015 03:21 PM
    Welcome Ray! .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2015 02:21 PM
    Hi Ray, welcome to the forums!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2015 02:45 PM
    Thank you sir!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2015 03:07 PM
    This is awesome!
    07-10-2015 04:27 PM
    Welcome Ray. Nice having CM support in house
    07-10-2015 07:22 PM
    Welcome to the forums Ray.

Surprised to see there are hardly any posts here thus far.

My question really doesn't have to do with features or bugs and is more about device specific support.

After a series of unfortunate events that led to my OnePlus One being stolen on a San Francisco bus ride home I am temporarily using an LG G2 (D801).

So, I'm wondering why there are CM12.1 builds for a device as old as the Galaxy S3 and NOT for any of the G2 variants. I realize that the S3 is probably a lot more popular of a device than the G2 ever was or will be. But, I'm curious what criteria or priorities Cyanogen follows in order to generate nightly builds for aging devices. Is it based purely on the popularity of whatever device is in question?

Hopefully this question isn't too off topic and that you might be able to shed some light on this. I'd love to run 5.1 but all the other 5.1 AOSP (CAF source) based ROMs have proven unstable or too bug ridden to be a daily driver on my particular G2.

Posted via my LG G2™
    07-12-2015 10:48 AM
    Well this section is brand new. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know it's here yet. I didn't. Just happened to see it as I was scrolling down.
    07-12-2015 04:37 PM

My question really doesn't have to do with features or bugs and is more about device specific support.

After a series of unfortunate events that led to my OnePlus One being stolen on a San Francisco bus ride home I am temporarily using an LG G2 (D801).

So, I'm wondering why there are CM12.1 builds for a device as old as the Galaxy S3 and NOT for any of the G2 variants. I realize that the S3 is probably a lot more popular of a device than the G2 ever was or will be. But, I'm curious what criteria or priorities Cyanogen follows in order to generate nightly builds for aging devices. Is it based purely on the popularity of whatever device is in question?

Hopefully this question isn't too off topic and that you might be able to shed some light on this. I'd love to run 5.1 but all the other 5.1 AOSP (CAF source) based ROMs have proven unstable or too bug ridden to be a daily driver on my particular G2.

Posted via my LG G2™
    Hopefully Ray will pop in and shed some official light on this question. My experience is that there my not be an official maintainer for the G2, or there may be device specific issues that are keeping an official release from being released.
    t3chn0s1s likes this.
    07-12-2015 05:43 PM

Posted via my LG G2™
    Hey there and thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it. Forgive the delay in response, I am not in the office on the weekends. Your question comes down to maintainers. Each device that has CM support has a maintainer or a team behind it working on the device. My guess is that the G2, being the less popular device, might not have the same support as the S3. The s2 (believe it or not) and the S3 are two of our most used devices on CM.

As far as priority, there is a difference in development between the CyanogenMod (community) side and the Cyanogen (corporate) side. Community builds come about because there are people passionate about bringing CM to a certain piece of hardware. Development on the corporate side is related to commercial devices, like Bacon and Tomato.

So as for when the G2 might see 12.1 (currently at 12.0 on nightlies, with nightlies coming rather spread out from what I see) I don't have any kind of ETA that I can give. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Bacon device.
    07-13-2015 11:28 AM
    Hey there and thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it. Forgive the delay in response, I am not in the office on the weekends. Your question comes down to maintainers. Each device that has CM support has a maintainer or a team behind it working on the device. My guess is that the G2, being the less popular device, might not have the same support as the S3. The s2 (believe it or not) and the S3 are two of our most used devices on CM.

As far as priority, there is a difference in development between the CyanogenMod (community) side and the Cyanogen (corporate) side. Community builds come about because there are people passionate about bringing CM to a certain piece of hardware. Development on the corporate side is related to commercial devices, like Bacon and Tomato.

So as for when the G2 might see 12.1 (currently at 12.0 on nightlies, with nightlies coming rather spread out from what I see) I don't have any kind of ETA that I can give. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Bacon device.
    Thanks Ray. I really appreciate the response. Of course this makes complete sense. I'm grateful you were able to take the time to explain.

Hopefully won't be using this G2 for too much longer but again, thank you for the response.

Thanks again!

Posted via my LG G2™
    07-14-2015 08:57 AM
    Not a problem! I wish I had a cache of devices where I could send you the new hotness, but alas I don't. I'm trying to decide what device I'm going to next myself.
    07-14-2015 12:01 PM
    Hey there. I'm new to this forum so I don't know if this question has been asked or not, so I'll put if forward any way.
    Is CM released for S6 edge?
    08-28-2015 09:14 AM
    Not at this time. I have heard that bring up work is being done on the device, but with being relatively new it's going to take some time. I have no eta information, nor will I ever give an eta since they are nearly impossible to hit. How are you liking the device?
    08-28-2015 09:50 AM
    It is good. Does its job very well. Can you give any idea for its release.
    08-28-2015 09:52 AM
    " I have no eta information, nor will I ever give an eta since they are nearly impossible to hit"
    08-28-2015 01:26 PM
    Hey Ray just wanted to know does12.1 work on moto 2nd gen2015

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2015 07:26 PM
    Hi there, we have nightly builds for the Otus, which you can find here: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?de...s&type=nightly

I would suggest doing some reading on our forums for the specific device as well as taking a look at XDA. In your other post, you said you have a FIRST gen, now you are saying you have a second gen. Please make sure of what specific device you have, as flashing the wrong build could damage your device.
    09-21-2015 10:36 AM
    I hope that you are right and rhat i will get answers for my questions in the future
    10-09-2015 05:31 PM
    Hope that I'm right? Well, I hope so too!
    10-12-2015 10:00 AM