LG G3 support

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Curious if there is a CM12 stable release for the LG G3?

Been a LONG time since I've actually spent time flashing ROMs, the HTC Desire was actually the last device I spent considerable time messing with.

Just looking to get a nice 5.1.1 ROM on this device since LG seems to not have plans for it until Android M, at the earliest it seems.

I've looked over at CM but did not see anything for it. But it's possible I just overlooked it as I'm still new to the G3.

Posted via the Android Central App from an LG G3

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Curious if there is a CM12 stable release for the LG G3?

Been a LONG time since I've actually spent time flashing ROMs, the HTC Desire was actually the last device I spent considerable time messing with.

Just looking to get a nice 5.1.1 ROM on this device since LG seems to not have plans for it until Android M, at the earliest it seems.

I've looked over at CM but did not see anything for it. But it's possible I just overlooked it as I'm still new to the G3.

Posted via the Android Central App from an LG G3

Hey Kevin! There are 12.1 Nightly releases for the D855 here: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d855

What variant LG G3 do you have?

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
srkmagnus to the rescue over the weekend! Thank you!

As the last post indicated Kevin, there are indeed nightly builds available. You can check changelogs here: CM12.1 Nightlies Changelogs

That may give you insight as to what may be problematic in the builds right now.

Cyngn Ray

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Sure thing PrePixiLove!

A nightly is exactly what it sounds like, a nightly build of CM for a specific device. Currently with CM there are M-builds (monthly) that are considered to be the most stable builds available and there are nightly builds that are spun out with the latest changes to the code for each of the devices that they are available for. Nightlies can have functionalities that are broken or problematic. This is intentional, as new features are tested this way. I find that nightlies are indeed ready to be daily drivers in most cases, but do require a bit of patience.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Sure thing PrePixiLove!

A nightly is exactly what it sounds like, a nightly build of CM for a specific device. Currently with CM there are M-builds (monthly) that are considered to be the most stable builds available and there are nightly builds that are spun out with the latest changes to the code for each of the devices that they are available for. Nightlies can have functionalities that are broken or problematic. This is intentional, as new features are tested this way. I find that nightlies are indeed ready to be daily drivers in most cases, but do require a bit of patience.

Is there an ETA on when a Stable or Release Candidate release may be available?

At this point, I'm ready to just throw a nightly on it as there are just too many annoying issues on the factory release to me.

Cyngn Ray

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there Kevin!

I make a habit to not give ETA's because I have found that they are difficult to achieve, leaving the user frustrated. I would go ahead and flash a nightly if you are tired of stock. Do some reading on the CM forums to see what might not be working and make an educated decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad