How to port CyanogenMod 12?

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I need a bit of help on this. I really want a booting CM12 for the LG Ultimate 2 with out spending 1 year on it. A friend of mine got CM11 booting but after building about 50 boot images.

The LG Ultimate 2 is a device with just 2 devs and 3 ROMs. Its been around for more than a year.

I know I need Linux and a build environment, I got that setup. I also have the CM12 source downloaded. But my issue is I need a easy to follow guide.

On XDA I asked and they have me the guide on the CM site on how to build, that's just way to complicated for me. I need a simple guide that I can follow.

Thanks

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm afraid your asking for something that doesn't exist. There is not a standardized way to build for a device, because each Android device is unique in itself. this is both the power and downfall of Android. If the guide on the CM site is too complicated, I would gently push back on you saying that you need to do more research on the topic.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm afraid your asking for something that doesn't exist. There is not a standardized way to build for a device, because each Android device is unique in itself. this is both the power and downfall of Android. If the guide on the CM site is too complicated, I would gently push back on you saying that you need to do more research on the topic.

Thanks for the Reply! I will look a bit more into it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital