Hi,
    Downloaded > Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz

Unpacked to find 42 individual Deb items and 2 readme files

When I try to intall one using Gdebi package installer I get an Error "dependency is not satisfiable openoffice "
    I was able to install > openoffice4.1-debian-menus_4.1.2-9782_all without the error

I cannot find any help to indicate what Deb packages I need to Install > I only need Writer OR what dependancies I need to overcome the Error

Any solutions welcome but please bare in mind I am a GUI user not a power CML one . I apologize if I have missed some obvious instructions .

AS a temporary get round I have installed the Windows Exe using "Wine" emulator
    I found its installer very easy to use and I had the option to install Writer without the parts I do not want .

The program appears to be functioning OK so far but I would expect Writer to run better in native Linux

I have installed AOO Writer on a Windows 10 PC and was pleased with how easy it was to set the Default Template I wanted and like so say how user friendly the excellent pdf user manual is.

After the simple installation on Windows I am disappointed with the total lack of help on the Linux Deb Installation on what needs to be installed
    Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    https://forum.openoffice.org/en/foru...php=16&t=81533
    Explainer Video Production
    02-20-2018 06:46 AM