09-26-2011 06:56 PM
45 12
    Still waiting for my EVO 3D as well. **** is taking forever.
    08-02-2011 01:10 PM
    still waiting for update EVO 3D. noticed that on the old market that top paid on games and top free and top paid on applications are broken. how can they break the old one before pushing the new to everyone?
    08-08-2011 11:07 PM
    It will not update apps stored on the SD card (DInc). I have to move them to the phone, update, and move back to card. A real pain in my rear end.

Sent from my ADR6300
    08-09-2011 04:49 PM
    I received the update about 3 weeks ago, it was there when I opened the market, I hate the new version, besides the size of the program almost doubling, it is not as easy to get around anymore. But interesting that my entire family has android phones (all optimus S) but only I have received the update. I would love to go back to the old one but not sure if I can or not. I know I can uninstall the update but I have read that sometimes it makes the market not work at all. Any suggestions on if that is possible?
    08-10-2011 10:04 AM
    I removed the update last night (awful update, imo). On the advice of a post from google groups, I set the permissions for /system/apps/MarketUpdater.apk to not allow read, write, or execute. I haven't had further trouble since I did that - so far. That requires a rooted phone, of course, and now I won't get update notifications. I'm fine with that. I seldom got that anyway, aside from the super-annoying constant attempt to get me to let them install Google Books.
    08-10-2011 10:30 AM
    The official app was pushed to my Samsung Vibrant last night. It's working fine for me; I successfully updated an app and I haven't had any force closes. It's performing a lot faster than the old market app used to. I'm very pleased so far.
    08-12-2011 09:37 AM
    UI of new market app sux..removed update
    08-12-2011 06:10 PM
    The instructions from Google are basically to open the Market app and wait 5-10 mins for the app to update itself then close and restart it. I've done that a few times over that last day or two with no luck.
    08-13-2011 01:46 PM
    It doesn't seem anybody that has an HTC EVO 3D has gotten the update yet. My wife and daughters phones. the Epic and Replenish got the new market update today. Who knows when the 3VO will get the update.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    08-13-2011 07:42 PM
    It finally pushed to my Epic last night, FWIW.
    08-14-2011 04:13 AM
    UI of new market app sux..removed update
    Good luck, it will just keep coming back. 7megs and battery killer
    08-14-2011 11:22 AM
    Good luck, it will just keep coming back. 7megs and battery killer
    It hasn't affected my battery. You must have some kind of conflict.
    08-15-2011 07:12 AM
    It hasn't affected my battery. You must have some kind of conflict.
    When i noticed the problem, I did a google search and came up with a number of forums on the T-Mobile, ATT and XDA sites where people were reporting the problem. One speculation is that what causes the drain is constant checking for app updates, so it may depend on how many apps you have (or how many apps you have that have updates available in the market). I have also not seen in the forums that discuss this a breakdown of how many people who have the problem have Gingerbread vrs. an older version, perhaps that makes a difference as well.

Right now I am unplugged for 2 hours and am at 93%. Yesterday with new market on and with about the same usage I was at 75% after 3 hours. Thats a pretty unscientific survey, but it is representative of what's been going on since the new market app started the drain.

Perhaps related, but also an issue with the new market is several apps that constantly show that an update is available. Every day the market is showing me the same 3 or 4 apps that supposidly have an update available but, in reality, I have already updated them and have the current, correct, version on my phone.
    08-15-2011 10:19 AM
    Ah. Yeah that sounds like a possible cause of drain. My apps (35 or so) are all current and have successfully updated with the new market.

EDIT: I just thought of something. Do those apps that won't update have automatic updating enabled? Perhaps they keep downloading over and over and over...and over. That'd kill the battery for sure. If you untick the auto update box for each of those apps, maybe it'll stop trying and thus won't destroy your juice.
    08-15-2011 11:10 AM
    As above, it's potentially more the auto updating that's draining the battery.

As for officially getting the new market, i got a new review phone from Orange UK the other day and that still had the old market on it, and it's on 2.3.4 out of the box. Good job the apk is readily available.
    08-16-2011 12:58 PM
    I have Auto Update "off" for all the apps I have installed, but reading other forums, the speculation is that the app keeps checking the market to see if updates available for the apps on your phone even if you don't auto update them. Drain appears to be worse the more apps you have and may also make a difference how many on SD card for some reason. I have about 100 apps total installed so there you go.

A bit of a pain, but what is solving the problem for now is I unistall the updates for the Market App, clear the data and force close it.

Of course, to check for updates, I then have to open the market app, then accept the terms and conditions again, and after done, go back and untinstall/FC again. Cumbersome, but I am back to great battery life and it frees up about 6megs of memory.
    08-18-2011 02:08 PM
    It is slowww! And unresponsive most of the time!
    09-08-2011 10:37 PM
    Is there a "New apps" category in the new market ?
    09-09-2011 04:12 PM
    Is there a "New apps" category in the new market ?
    I don't know which version of market is on my Toshiba Thrive, but it has TOP NEW FREE and TOP NEW PAID.

My Thrive has version 1.0.27. What is the newest version number?
    09-09-2011 06:36 PM
    Has anyone with the EVO 3D gotten the new Market yet. I have not heard of anyone getting it the official way. Only downloading the APK file to install.

Why did the leave the EVO 3D out?
    09-26-2011 06:56 PM
45 12