Sprint (carrier billing) - Unsupported payment method

Google

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having/ had problems with Sprint and their carrier billing option? I've tried getting a few apps now and none have gone through. I contacted Sprint and at first they said they enabled 'premium content' and that I should now be able to buy apps/ games. Well, that didn't work. I went to chat with them again today and got this:

Agent (Name - Initial): "I am sorry to inform you that there is 3rd party content outage at your area ZIP code due to which you are still not able to purchase anything." Yeah, apparently this has been going on since I first tried buying Need for Speed Shift the first week of August. Even then, it doesn't seem plausible.

WTF? So I press on. I tried going to the Android Market website and buying a game from there and get this when selecting payment method: Sprint USA *my phone number* - Unsupported payment method.

How can I fix this, I don't have a credit card and carrier billing worked just fine for me on T-Mobile. Any help would be appreciated.

Google

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
****, forget it. I first deleted my T-Mobile carrier billing profile from Google Checkout and then decided to remove my Sprint carrier billing profile and now I can't figure out how to re-add it. Seems all is lost. :(

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have never been able to buy anything from the market on my Sprint Nexus S 4g. It just goes into an endless loop of asking me to log in, even when I am already logged in. I just gave up and now I buy everything directly from the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge