android marketplace issues?

clxa

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I think my market is messed up or just simply acting strange. Today, i realized a new google maps was released. I wanted to download it from the market app. The odd thing is that it keeps on downloading it. I would click on update and it would download. Once it's done downloading, it would download it again and again and again and finally, it would say installation/download error?

I tried to download another app just to see what would happen and the same thing would happen. it would download the app 3-4 times before it would say an error has occur...

any ideas?

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey I, too, am having problems installing apps & updates. I've already cleared my Market cache and uninstalled updates but I'm still seeing "download unsuccessful" errors.

several

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Something else that helps if that doesn't do the trick: Make sure google talk is running. Strange but true. Really.

And if you use a process killer, be sure to make an exception for both google talk and the market so neither get killed.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Having the same problems on my droid. I've completely wiped my device, removed root flashed back to stock roms. everything. Now I can't even wipe the cache or remove updates. There's nothing there.

clxa

May 11, 2010
Visit site
i found a fix last night before I went to bed. It has to do with your gmail account. For some reason, your gmail account is causing market to act all weird. What I did was reset my phone to factory setting and created a new email. Once i did that, market was acting fine again. I added my old gmail account to continue getting my emails.

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried all these things and none of them worked for google maps. I even tried clearing cache and data and uninstalling updates from google maps. this got rid of latitude, btw. After this stuff, I was able to download google earth, but couldnt get google maps to update. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or what, but then i plugged my phone in to my computer, mounted as disk drive, and then tried downloading the google maps update and it worked... this was on incredible, btw.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Clearing cache and uninstalling updates didn't fix it on my Incredible either. Downloading new apps works fine though, it just seems to be Google Maps that does not want to update.

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Clearing cache and uninstalling updates didn't fix it on my Incredible either. Downloading new apps works fine though, it just seems to be Google Maps that does not want to update.

Yea, same here. I also have the Incredible.

I thought I was having problems with all apps, but its just Google Maps that won't update. I keep getting "Download Unsuccessful" even after clearing cache and uninstalling updates from Settings > Apps > Market.

Google Maps is now showing under my Apps in the Market as "FREE" not "update available."

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm running 2.1 DD10 and Market isn't under "settings>applications>manage applications". Any other tricks?

once ur in manage applications, you have to filter ur apps to "all". thenmarket and market installer will b there. clear both. or what u can under those 2.

maxis412

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Something else that helps if that doesn't do the trick: Make sure google talk is running. Strange but true. Really.

And if you use a process killer, be sure to make an exception for both google talk and the market so neither get killed.

This worked for me, launched google talk and bingo... Thanks!

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yea, same here. I also have the Incredible.

I thought I was having problems with all apps, but its just Google Maps that won't update. I keep getting "Download Unsuccessful" even after clearing cache and uninstalling updates from Settings > Apps > Market.

Google Maps is now showing under my Apps in the Market as "FREE" not "update available."

Just successfully downloaded 4.2.0! Did nothing different, just got lucky. But new "Navigation" icon is STILL missing from App Drawer!

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got through clearing the cache and uninstalling the updates. I found Earth Google right away and downloaded it.... sweet!

Thanks for the tip.:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca