04-16-2016 04:43 PM
32 12
tools
    I think my market is messed up or just simply acting strange. Today, i realized a new google maps was released. I wanted to download it from the market app. The odd thing is that it keeps on downloading it. I would click on update and it would download. Once it's done downloading, it would download it again and again and again and finally, it would say installation/download error?

I tried to download another app just to see what would happen and the same thing would happen. it would download the app 3-4 times before it would say an error has occur...

any ideas?
    05-11-2010 10:32 PM
    I still can't access the market. It says network error.
    ddaisy74 likes this.
    05-12-2010 05:44 AM
    I was having problems trying to access the market as well
    ddaisy74 likes this.
    05-12-2010 08:23 AM
    go into ur applications and clear the markets cache/uninstall updates.
    ddaisy74 likes this.
    05-12-2010 08:44 AM
    go into ur applications and clear the markets cache/uninstall updates.
    I'm running 2.1 DD10 and Market isn't under "settings>applications>manage applications". Any other tricks?
    05-12-2010 10:28 AM
    Market is working fine with my N1 on ATT.
    05-12-2010 10:40 AM
    Hey I, too, am having problems installing apps & updates. I've already cleared my Market cache and uninstalled updates but I'm still seeing "download unsuccessful" errors.
    05-12-2010 10:40 AM
    Something else that helps if that doesn't do the trick: Make sure google talk is running. Strange but true. Really.

And if you use a process killer, be sure to make an exception for both google talk and the market so neither get killed.
    05-12-2010 10:41 AM
    Hey I, too, am having problems installing apps & updates. I've already cleared my Market cache and uninstalled updates but I'm still seeing "download unsuccessful" errors.
    Same errors here
    05-12-2010 10:43 AM
    Having the same problems on my droid. I've completely wiped my device, removed root flashed back to stock roms. everything. Now I can't even wipe the cache or remove updates. There's nothing there.
    05-12-2010 10:50 AM
    i found a fix last night before I went to bed. It has to do with your gmail account. For some reason, your gmail account is causing market to act all weird. What I did was reset my phone to factory setting and created a new email. Once i did that, market was acting fine again. I added my old gmail account to continue getting my emails.
    05-12-2010 11:14 AM
    I tried all these things and none of them worked for google maps. I even tried clearing cache and data and uninstalling updates from google maps. this got rid of latitude, btw. After this stuff, I was able to download google earth, but couldnt get google maps to update. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or what, but then i plugged my phone in to my computer, mounted as disk drive, and then tried downloading the google maps update and it worked... this was on incredible, btw.
    05-12-2010 11:22 AM
    Clearing cache and uninstalling updates didn't fix it on my Incredible either. Downloading new apps works fine though, it just seems to be Google Maps that does not want to update.
    05-12-2010 12:22 PM
    Clearing cache and uninstalling updates didn't fix it on my Incredible either. Downloading new apps works fine though, it just seems to be Google Maps that does not want to update.
    Yea, same here. I also have the Incredible.

I thought I was having problems with all apps, but its just Google Maps that won't update. I keep getting "Download Unsuccessful" even after clearing cache and uninstalling updates from Settings > Apps > Market.

Google Maps is now showing under my Apps in the Market as "FREE" not "update available."
    05-12-2010 12:39 PM
    I'm running 2.1 DD10 and Market isn't under "settings>applications>manage applications". Any other tricks?
    once ur in manage applications, you have to filter ur apps to "all". thenmarket and market installer will b there. clear both. or what u can under those 2.
    05-12-2010 12:40 PM
    Something else that helps if that doesn't do the trick: Make sure google talk is running. Strange but true. Really.

And if you use a process killer, be sure to make an exception for both google talk and the market so neither get killed.

This worked for me, launched google talk and bingo... Thanks!
    05-12-2010 12:47 PM
    Yea, same here. I also have the Incredible.

I thought I was having problems with all apps, but its just Google Maps that won't update. I keep getting "Download Unsuccessful" even after clearing cache and uninstalling updates from Settings > Apps > Market.

Google Maps is now showing under my Apps in the Market as "FREE" not "update available."
    Just successfully downloaded 4.2.0! Did nothing different, just got lucky. But new "Navigation" icon is STILL missing from App Drawer!
    05-12-2010 12:54 PM
    Just got through clearing the cache and uninstalling the updates. I found Earth Google right away and downloaded it.... sweet!

Thanks for the tip.
    05-12-2010 01:31 PM
    This worked for me, launched google talk and bingo... Thanks!
    Didnt work for me
    05-12-2010 02:12 PM
    once ur in manage applications, you have to filter ur apps to "all". thenmarket and market installer will b there. clear both. or what u can under those 2.
    I have been there as well as done that.... Nope! Nothin'
    05-12-2010 02:13 PM
    Have tried on both wifi and 3g. This reminds me of when I had my storm and the bb servers went down! what a nightmare!
    05-12-2010 02:14 PM
    Clearing cache and uninstalling updates worked on my Motorola Droid. Yay!
    05-12-2010 07:44 PM
    For some, this may work as well. Download the files, and install. Direct from Google.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_0...YTczODIy&hl=en
    05-12-2010 07:46 PM
    Still no luck for me either clearing the cache and uninstalling updates or having google talk running in the background.
    05-12-2010 10:26 PM
    This is getting really old, it sometimes works and sometimes does not. As I type this now it's not working at all. Launched google talk, cleared cache again, power cycled phone, still just hangs up when I try to enter the market..WTF!
    05-13-2010 11:07 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD